Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a "mystery" batch of pullets. They're cheap, sex is guarantee (money back) and they just give you whatever brown egg layers they have too many of on delivery day.
Also ordered 6 red sex links, ready to lay. They don't all come in until April.

I have a friend who is also giving me a couple ameraucanas later in the summer.

Does the store put the chicks in carry box for you to take home or do you have to bring your own carrier/box?

they'll have thin cardboard carrying boxes to put them in. Be careful with them though. When I brought mine home last year, the bottom of the box fell open and my chicks fell to the ground. I had to round them up real quick before the stray cats at my house got them. I made sure to carry it by the bottom this year instead of the handle.

they'll have thin cardboard carrying boxes to put them in. Be careful with them though. When I brought mine home last year, the bottom of the box fell open and my chicks fell to the ground. I had to round them up real quick before the stray cats at my house got them. I made sure to carry it by the bottom this year instead of the handle.
Different boxes.

I know that last year ours sold:
- Production Reds
- Assorted bantams
- White leghorn
- Ducks (don't remember what breed)

I know all TSC are different and some people get a good variety and some not so much.

Looks like I need to process a couple of chickens to make room for some chicks. I'll contact my TSC to see if they will have any at the end of March. If so, I'll get a few to raise with my turkeys that I have in the bator. I've been told that they do better with a chick to help show them the ropes. I can't remember, is the minimum 3 or 6 that they will sell?

Looks like I need to process a couple of chickens to make room for some chicks.  I'll contact my TSC to see if they will have any at the end of March.  If so, I'll get a few to raise with my turkeys that I have in the bator.  I've been told that they do better with a chick to help show them the ropes.  I can't remember, is the minimum 3 or 6 that they will sell?

6 is the min for chicks, 2 for ducks

Back
Top Bottom