Tractor Supply Company Petition - Please Consider Signing

Quote:
As I have said before, every idea has to have its start somewhere. It just takes one person to get the ball rolling, and others who are willing to take a moment to keep that ball rolling in the right direction. To quit before even trying is never the right approach to anything, and I am not one to assume that something will "never happen." How can anyone possibly know something won't happen until it's been attempted?

I've also shared the petition link with GRIT magazine, Backyard Poultry magazine, and the Chicken Whisperer. Nothing may come of that, but again, I wouldn't know until I try. I welcome everyone to share the link with your local chicken-owners groups as well.

Your idea of starting a coalition here on BYC.com is also a good one. Please do go ahead and get that started! And in the meantime, please also sign this petition. Signing it takes less time than posting a response to a thread.
smile.png
Just shy of 100... we can get that before the weekend, right?

I just saw at my local TSC today that there were bars around the baby bird brooders to keep adults and children from reaching in to the birds. Great start! The folks at my store aren't the most knowledgeable about birds (one guy thought bantams were a breed) but at least they're trying. They were segregating a couple of the weaker banties and giving them electrolyes. They gave me the really weak one to take home and one to keep it company. Unfortunately the sick one didn't even make it home. Is it OK to keep one lone peep who just had its only friend die at his feet or should I get him a buddy (I say him as it'll be just my luck to have a roo)?

My concern is with the doofuses who buy baby birds for Easter baskets and general impulse buys who haven't a clue. My friend who writes for the local paper is asking her editor if they can do a story on the Easter ducklings that get dumped on the local waterways when they get too big or too messy for their owners.

There's a law round here that stores that don't normally sell chicks and ducks can not do so during the Easter season and I may be wrong, but I believe the stores that do carry live animals are only allowed to sell in quantity. Our TSC makes you buy six.

My TSC asks that you buy 6, but they let me slide a few years ago and get 2 ducklings when I had bought 6 chicks the week before. I've spent a fortune there since then getting stuff for my never ending coop/pen/fencing and bird social engineering projects.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that your TSC is being proactive about having the public handle the birds. Good! It would be great if TSCs all hired one or two extra employees during Chick Days just to supervise the chick and duckling sales and be responsible for only that.

I'd get a friend for your little peep. Chickens are social even at that age, and he'll want a little friend or two to keep him company. Thanks for trying to help out the poor little ailing one!

And kudos to your friend for writing about the Easter animal trade! Let her know to contact local rabbit sanctuaries, too. They usually get swamped right after Easter with bunnies nobody wants any more.

Just four more signatures to get to 100! If you haven't signed, please consider doing so. And please consider sharing this on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!

Figure if I am going to step in it I will step in it big time-----------------------

Tired real tired real real tired of hearing the TSC rant. Got a deal for you- Name one just one dept store that still has the old time service oriented floor walkers. You know the older dignified gentleman in the men's dept that can fit you in a good looking suit. Or the Mature Ladies in the Women's dept that still know how to measure a lady for a brassiere, or go to a shoe store to get fitted for a really comfortable well fit pair of shoes.

Come on TSC hire extra help for chick days?

Right here on BYC we have chicken owners that don't have "time or ambition" to build a secure enclosure. Members that have decided to own chickens in areas where ordenances and HOA covenants strictly forbid. My favorites are the some of the post in the predator section, obviously some members just don't get it.

The point is how as a group are we any different than TSC employees?

By the way my local TSC seems to be on the high end of the scale, employees don't know everything about everything, but they seem to care and they desire to be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom