Tractor Supply has new chick bins

JurassicBawk

Songster
7 Years
Jun 23, 2016
Hixson, TN
My dad is browsing his local Tractor Supply and just sent me pics of their new improved chick bins. They have integrated water and heat, and apparently are easy to clean. I'm stuck at work and don't need chicks, but feel the need to go check these out at some point. I wonder if they'll be easier for them to keep up than the large troughs like they've had before and like the local co-op still has this year.

I doubt they'll be for sale, but I can't help but think it would be cool to keep my quail in.

Attachments

• chick 1.jpg
    chick 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 124
  • chick 2.jpg
    chick 2.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 100
My dad is browsing his local Tractor Supply and just sent me pics of their new improved chick bins. They have integrated water and heat, and apparently are easy to clean. I'm stuck at work and don't need chicks, but feel the need to go check these out at some point. I wonder if they'll be easier for them to keep up than the large troughs like they've had before and like the local co-op still has this year.

I doubt they'll be for sale, but I can't help but think it would be cool to keep my quail in.
I wonder if all the TSC will get those type of bins? I was in there a week ago and they were setting up for chick days but I didn't see anything for the chicks to be housed in yet. I like those better than the stock tanks they used last year. Thanks for posting this.

The independent feed and hardware store that I bought my Golden Comets, had that same setup nearly 4 years ago.
So it's new to TSC. I hope my local TSC gets those.
It should help to prevent mixing chick breeds. As in no cornish chick mixed in with leghorns.:rant. Just have to wait and see. :pop. GC

Last edited:
My local feed store has one of these. It’s pretty neat, except i doubt it would stop the spread of diseases or anything. although plastic totes probably dont either.
I would be surprised if people don't complain about the wire floor...
The wire floors are, in my opinion, are silly. Put some bedding in there or something.... I don’t want no poopy head chick. But it does allow for heat distribution on all the levels...

Back
Top Bottom