Tracy California ordinance change.

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by linarezd, Apr 10, 2016.

1. linarezd

linarezd New Egg

Apr 7, 2016
    Tracy ca.
    Hi-
    I'm looking for other backyard Chicken owners like myself who would be interested in trying to get the city ordinance changed.

Thanks

2. Carolinn 333

Carolinn 333 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2016
    Hi I just want to know what Tracy ordinances and laws are ? :old

3. Carolinn 333

Apr 13, 2016
    HI just found out what it is I think Roos should be allowed :he

4. linarezd

linarezd New Egg

Apr 7, 2016
    Tracy ca.
    The problem is the ordinance calls for 50 ft from a coop to the any dwelling. Most of Tracy homes are in subdivisions so that is really hard to do. I want to try and change it to 25ft like in the city of Manteca.

5. Carolinn 333

Apr 13, 2016
    That's a great idea I don't think that's fare if we don't even have enough room !!!! It's like they don't want us to have chickens ! And why 50 feet what's there reasoning ??? Did someone complain ??? Why would someone complain anyway

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  6. Carolinn 333

Apr 13, 2016
    Some people are crazy !!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Carolinn 333

Apr 13, 2016
    I'll ask around for other people who want a change also

8. linarezd

linarezd New Egg

Apr 7, 2016
    Tracy ca.
    Yeah someone complained. I had a really loud hen, no louder than the little dogs that bark at all hours but I was given a warning by animal control and told to remove my poultry unless I could comply with the ordinance. I am 50' from the 3 of my 4 neighbors and that 4th neighbor doesn't mind he actually likes the sounds since he would raise chickens as a child.

9. linarezd

linarezd New Egg

Apr 7, 2016
    Tracy ca.
    Thanks any help would be great.

10. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

IMO you might want to initially consider pushing for the normal 'shed' or 'out building' property line setback distance already found in the building codes as a starting point, then compromise to 25ft if they won't budge on that proposal or as a sign of good faith on your part to compromise if they compromise...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by