Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Pics
Wow, I never knew about TJ's selling fertile eggs. Now I want to give this a try! Sadly there isn't a TJ's around us, but I do know there is a whole foods. I know they sell fertile eggs too.

Sorry Stef82, I think the TJ's back east don't sell them. However, you might find fertile eggs at a sprouts or whole foods or farmer's market?

I just candled again as it's nice and dark, and I have very clear spider veins in all but those two I mentioned before. They have what looks to me like it could be the start of a blood ring. My fingers are crossed that they're OK?? I put them in a warmer position in hopes they're just behind due to being in a cold spot, but????

Sorry Stef82, I think the TJ's back east don't sell them. However, you might find fertile eggs at a sprouts or whole foods or farmer's market?

I just candled again as it's nice and dark, and I have very clear spider veins in all but those two I mentioned before. They have what looks to me like it could be the start of a blood ring. My fingers are crossed that they're OK?? I put them in a warmer position in hopes they're just behind due to being in a cold spot, but????
Congrats on your spiders Cluckcluck!!!
thumbsup.gif
Keeping fingers crossed on the other two!
fl.gif

On all of them, Alex? They are from the carton that says fertile eggs, right? They also have organic eggs, but they're not fertile. At this point you really should see something. Usually the main body (if sitting upright in the carton even if shifted side to side) is floating on the air sack and you need to tip it slowly flat, maybe toward the pointy end up for the yolk to rotate into view, but even so, at this point the veins should reach to all points of the yolk. Ugh, It's hard to believe none of them started!

So sorry!

Well cluck cluck the yolks still look the same
Oh... sorry to hear that Alex- I agree with cluck-cluck- you should be seeing LOTS of veining by now. Perhaps you didn't get the Fertile eggs? TJ's other cage free eggs come in a carton that looks exactly like the fertile eggs but doesn't have the words fertile underneath. Here is a shot of the carton. If I were you, I'd buy another dozen and try again. Make sure you leave them out for 24 hours at room temperature before setting. Fingers crossed you have better luck next time.
fl.gif

Quote:
On all of them, Alex? They are from the carton that says fertile eggs, right? They also have organic eggs, but they're not fertile. At this point you really should see something. Usually the main body (if sitting upright in the carton even if shifted side to side) is floating on the air sack and you need to tip it slowly flat, maybe toward the pointy end up for the yolk to rotate into view, but even so, at this point the veins should reach to all points of the yolk. Ugh, It's hard to believe none of them started!

So sorry!
I agree with you cluck-cluck, Alex should be seeing veining by now. How are yours looking??

I think one of mine died early on, it looks like something is decomposing in there
sickbyc.gif
but I'm leaving it a few more days as it doesn't look like bacteria and it's the first one I've seen like that, so I'm not 110% certain... I'll give it more time. The others look good!

Oh what the hey, it's been a couple of more days and I just candled all of my eggs, and the one that didn't look good was still looking bad, no development, so I tossed it. However, out of the 12 I set, 1 I crushed with the thermometer, LOL, and one quit early on, the other 10 are all wiggle worms! Hope the rest make it to the finish line!!!

Back
Top Bottom