Traditional Serama

Quote:

A traditional serama is the serama as they came from Malaysia, no attempt at color breeding to make them fit the American mold of a Cookie Cutter Chicken they can be any color and bred for Table top Competition only. They have no minimum weight, can be as small as you can get them, They do however have a max weight (read standard as posted above, post #2) The will never be ABA/APA recognized, it's all about conformance (type) and temperament (character). Will post a few pics as soon as I can catch up. thank for joining us.

Thanks Jerry for clearing it up! I just wanted some explanation for those who are New to the breed. I yours was perfect in explaining what is desired in the Traditional bird vs the Cooped judged American bird.

Quote:
The Seramas in pic 2 seemed to be a little long in the back, and excuse the expression, flat chested. But since they are not a standard color according to the APA/ABA, I guess they are more Traditional in type, so would be AOV in a cooped show, but perfect for TT. I bet they have LOTS of attitude & character
lau.gif

WELL>>>>> out of the 5 I think two MIGHT be OK to make weight and shorter backs for sure!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
The Seramas in pic 2 seemed to be a little long in the back, and excuse the expression, flat chested. But since they are not a standard color according to the APA/ABA, I guess they are more Traditional in type, so would be AOV in a cooped show, but perfect for TT. I bet they have LOTS of attitude & character
lau.gif

Quote:
Oh, wow...LOVE that mottled hen. She's shaped just like a little heart! (Can see it best in pic 3).

June, I looked at this picture 1 time and thought to my self that it was one ugly mom. I couldnt see the face. I scrolled down and read more posts and went to another site and then back here. When I looked at the picture again, I saw what it was and about died. Im sure glad you have nice birds and not ugly like this one! lol
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom