Trampled Chick

Introducing " Miracle Baby".. :wee

View media item 7892621 Just took him out of sick bay and put him in a lesser population brooder. He is standing and walking on his own.
I first placed him on the brooder room floor and he took off about 2 feet or so, stopped and turned around and looked at me. Slowly walked back and I gave him some sips of probiotics and placed him with his family.
Wow.. What a great feeling inside me right now. I have lost piglets and baby goats but this is the first baby chick I've taking this kind of a shining to.
15 years of raising poultry chickens and turkeys, this one made the Grinch's heart grow 3 times it's normal size..
Oh happy day.

I had a mom hatch out 3 chicks, 2 more under mom pipped, and 3 more active in shell. one is delayed, I moved the hatched ones to a brooder, and am letting mom finish hatch of the others in eggs.

dawnacus 397.jpg
mom still sitting one one zipping egg, and one in shell, one dud, 9 eggs set, hoping for 8 total. these 6 are out.

They're really cute. i had a blue yellow one once, but she died the saturday after i got her. Are you going to leave them with the mama until they are older?

she is sitting on 2 more. I have these inside and eating, so mom stays on nest, when last eggs hatch I will put them all together. She doen't have a problem with this because I have already moved her before. and she is a silky.

Back
Top Bottom