Trampled & Skinny Pullet — Thanks for helping

I would keep pushing fluids. You can make feed into a wet mush and tube that or use Kaytee baby bird formula.
I hope she improves.
Yeah, I gave her more fluids than anything. I don’t have any baby bird formula, but I do have calf & goat milk replacer, but I think that’s a bad idea for birds.

I tried putting the mash in the syringe, but it wouldn’t go through the rubber tube.

You may have to grind the food to a powder in a blender or food processor, then soak it for a while to get it soupy.
I don’t know if it’d even be worth it at this point, she seems so far gone. She barely responds to anything and if she does open her eyes, she closes them again. The fluid I gave her at 11 is still in her crop and she aspirated on me when I picked her up a little bit ago.

If she isn't getting pecked and she is easily identifiable, put her back with the flock. She is in more stress now being away from the group. She might be getting picked on but again you won't see it while she is separated. Keep an eye on things and have a fecal done to check for parasites.

Thanks for the help, guys, but Opal died a few hours ago. I took her outside before she passed so she could feel the sun on her and hear her flock mates one last time. She didn’t wake back up.
:hugs
Keep in mind that often they are very good at hiding illnesses,
by the time it's apparent something is wrong it's too late to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom