trapped a raccoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will repeat it: relocating a trapped raccoon is illegal and will make it hard on its new human neighbors because it'll be trap-wise. If it starts killing other people's animals it'll be nearly impossible for the animals' owners to get rid of him. So it's not only illegal, but also unethical.

It's more unethical to kill it than release it. If it's released far away it won't hurt anyone.

Hubs uses a .22 to shoot the ones he traps. Can you borrow one? His cousin drowns them in a trash can, his aunt in her lake. I think a bullet is much more humane but maybe they has his reasons.

I know but illegal or not id still release it off somewhere.
Then that is your perogative if you have a raccoon issue and trap it. :)

The op was asking a specific question about dispatching a raccoon humanely and specifically noted that it was illegal. I think most of us assumed letting it go was not a consideration and were respecting the op's request.

The ethical solution would be to not trap at all, rather than trap and relocate. Also, then have total protection for all of your animals, and family members, so there's no problem with wildlife. Mary

The ethical solution would be to not trap at all, rather than trap and relocate. Also, then have total protection for all of your animals, and family members, so there's no problem with wildlife. Mary
in order to do that and be ok with it i would have to build a big enough outdoor enclosure. As it stands they forage 3 acres and they love it. Id rather not cage them in. Not sure if this is doing the right thing, but i dont think i have another choice given the circumstances. at least i am going through the trouble if ending his life the most humane way i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom