Trapping dogs - UPDATE

Quote:
Don't forget to post the pic on Facebook for the ultimate discrace!
tongue.png
lol.png

LOL, thanks for all the replies. I especially like the dead chickens, beer and cigarettes idea, I almost choked on my sandwich when I read that. When I showed the trailcam photos to my friend last week, he told me good work, now just Photoshop a dead chicken in that f.......ing dog's mouth!

And, I can't believe the reaction (or lack of one) that I got after catching her in a big fat lie, either.

About it being a light-colored dog - there was no blood, they looked like they were all simply shaken to death (or maybe squeezed). But, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that it didn't come home reeking of chicken manure (and its paws covered in it), since there probably wasn't a square inch of my run that didn't have pawprints, and it hadn't been cleaned in a long time (it had been rainy, too). She does keep it in the house most of the time, so I'm sure she would have noticed the smell. It probably pooped out feathers too, judging from the scene I found.

The bottom wire of my fence is neutral because it's too hard to keep all the weeds down, and from the tracks, it looks like it's also coming in under the gate (which I can't electrify). I thought about tying bacon to the hot wire in that spot though, that's what you do for bears.

I'm a forensics major, not too far in. Every contact leaves a trace. There would have been something. She's in denial, or just not wanting to accept responsibility.

Obviosly you've tried dealing with the owner and that didn't work. You need deal with the dog now as if it's one of the predators. What would you do if you caught the raccoon that's been killing your chickens? Me, I would most likely kill it and make a hat out of it. Since Im a dog lover, I would most likely take it to the farthest shelter I could drive to. Just my 2 cents

Could you temporarily make the bottom wire HOT so he gets a few good zaps? String a temp wire across the gate too? Just a thought..

Quote:
I thought about that too. I was also planning on having someone come out with a skidsteer to raise the ground level in that spot, and also spread more gravel under the gate. One day it almost looked like it dug some gravel out to get under. But now I want to catch it!

The worst part is, she wants to breed this dog in the spring. It's really not breeding quality, but whatever. But from what she told me, it most likely means there will be two dogs at this time next year.

Quote:
I thought about that too. I was also planning on having someone come out with a skidsteer to raise the ground level in that spot, and also spread more gravel under the gate. One day it almost looked like it dug some gravel out to get under. But now I want to catch it!

The worst part is, she wants to breed this dog in the spring. It's really not breeding quality, but whatever. But from what she told me, it most likely means there will be two dogs at this time next year.

What breed is this dog?

I still say trap it, cart it off to a far away animal control.

If they want to know where you got it, tell em it was running loose in the walmart (or where ever) parking lot and you caught it because you were afraid it would get hit.

Back
Top Bottom