Treating Sour Crop: Neochlore or Neomycin

Quote:
Does the crop feel better than it did? I would try the yogurt where she is young but not chick food yet.

yes. it is smaller than yesterday. Her poop at first was pretty normal looking, but now mainly water. I've tried offering her the yogurt and she's not interested. Could I put a little something in it, like oatmeal?

Quote:
Does the crop feel better than it did? I would try the yogurt where she is young but not chick food yet.

yes. it is smaller than yesterday. Her poop at first was pretty normal looking, but now mainly water. I've tried offering her the yogurt and she's not interested. Could I put a little something in it, like oatmeal?

Gosh I don't know does she act normal otherwise? I know Speckedhen knows alot about this stuff and she helped me with mine last summer. She is a moderator and is very knowledgeable.

I am afraid if you give her the food them this may mess her up and have to start all over again.

Quote:

Gosh I don't know does she act normal otherwise? I know Speckedhen knows alot about this stuff and she helped me with mine last summer. She is a moderator and is very knowledgeable.

I am afraid if you give her the food them this may mess her up and have to start all over again.

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of, too. I'll try sending Speckledhen a pm. I see she's not online now. This is the first time I've had a chicken have crop problems in a year and a half. Thanks for all your help, chickenlady...

Quote:

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of, too. I'll try sending Speckledhen a pm. I see she's not online now. This is the first time I've had a chicken have crop problems in a year and a half. Thanks for all your help, chickenlady...

Keep me posted on your girl. Hope she gets to feeling better soon! and you are quite welcome but I am sure Speckledhen will get you all straight. Let me know what she says so I know that I am doing it all proper for the smaller ones if I ever need to treat it again in young chickens.

Quote:

Keep me posted on your girl. Hope she gets to feeling better soon! and you are quite welcome but I am sure Speckledhen will get you all straight. Let me know what she says so I know that I am doing it all proper for the smaller ones if I ever need to treat it again in young chickens.

Sadly, speckledhen wasn't too encouraging. She recently had to put her 10-wk-old speckled sussex down because of crop problems. She said she also has a friend whose young pullet has the same problem. She's also never heard of so many crop problems before. So I don't know what to do. I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing. She seems very perky and hungry. She's drinking and pooping, although it's mainly water right now. I don't know what else to try. Thanks for your interest.

I don't know how to include a post on my post and reply to a certain post ( if that makes sense!) I am in Wisconsin. Allenton to be exact.
I hope the info helped. My chick is still doing well.

Quote:
Oh...hi, lucy's mom. I went back and read your post. I guess I'm losing my mind with this sick chick!
smile.png
How is your chick doing now? How long have you been treating her? I'm also giving ACV in the water. Did you mix the mineral oil and grit or offer separately? Thanks for hanging in there with me...Martha

Quote:

Sadly, speckledhen wasn't too encouraging. She recently had to put her 10-wk-old speckled sussex down because of crop problems. She said she also has a friend whose young pullet has the same problem. She's also never heard of so many crop problems before. So I don't know what to do. I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing. She seems very perky and hungry. She's drinking and pooping, although it's mainly water right now. I don't know what else to try. Thanks for your interest.

Did Speckledhen have impacted crop? I wouldn't give up on your chick just yet? Keep working with her and her interest with food is a good sign. I would just keep trying the yogurt and then the scrambled eggs. These don't need any help in breaking down so the crop won't have to work to get them out.

Quote:

Did Speckledhen have impacted crop? I wouldn't give up on your chick just yet? Keep working with her and her interest with food is a good sign. I would just keep trying the yogurt and then the scrambled eggs. These don't need any help in breaking down so the crop won't have to work to get them out.

Thanks for your encouragement, chickenlady. She didn't say if it was impacted or sour. I don't smell anything from my chick so I'm not sure what I've got on my hands here. I'm going to go scramble an egg for her. That 's a great idea...thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom