Treating Sour Crop: Neochlore or Neomycin

Quote:
Just wondering how your chick is doing today? Mine is about the same...getting worried.

Today is the last day. She isnt moving too much and sounds sad and low energy. Her crop isnt full anymore, it feels a little saggy and more soft sort of like stretched skin. I dont know if thats normal. Tonight she gets yogurt. Poor thing.

Did you do the full 3 days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so I gave her a little yogurt its the end of day 3 but, her crop got all puffy from it. Feels like its got air in there.

Quote:
She sounds like she is got a tough case. Did she eat the yogurt? I would be afraid to give her anything else. Maybe try the yogurt and keep it out there with the water. Does she act like she is sick?

I put a tablespoon of ACV in 1 gallon of water. If you are putting to much this could be some of the problem of them not gettin better. My BO chicks were pretty young when they had it and I withheld food, although it was hard to, but they got better as long as I didn't rush the process.

Yea she ate all the yogurt, she was starving. Now its like their is air in her crop. Kinda like before. Ill keep up with the yogurt, I have about 4 tablespoons of acv in the gallon of water which she drinks just fine. Maybe its not sour crop?

Quote:
Just wondering how your chick is doing today? Mine is about the same...getting worried.

Today is the last day. She isnt moving too much and sounds sad and low energy. Her crop isnt full anymore, it feels a little saggy and more soft sort of like stretched skin. I dont know if thats normal. Tonight she gets yogurt. Poor thing.

Did you do the full 3 days?

No...I caved and gave her a very little scrambled egg mixed with plain yogurt. And this morning I gave her a little yogurt with olive oil and polyvisol mixed in. She scarfed it down but her crop is back to the original size. Pretty firm, not like it's full of air. But there's no sour smell at all. I really think she's got an impaction from some grass that I gave them that was too long. I feel so responsible, but I've never had problems like this before. I don't know what to do now...
sad.png

Well after 3 days of no food, after eating her first little bit of yogurt her crop feels like a balloon again.

So moving on with treatment. Can I know if its a fungal or bacterial infection causing it? Should I go buy something thats anti-fungal and also an antibiotic?

Back
Top Bottom