Treats in the cold question?

duckins

Songster
7 Years
Dec 29, 2012
Gladys, Va
It's supposed to get -15 tonight with wind chills and here in va it's been rough with these temps we are used to 20 maybe teens but not this cold like it hss been recently. I no ducks are cold hardy but when it gets this cold I hate seeing them fluffed up and no one wants to get up they scoot around I assume to avoid getting up. Their in a wind proof run with lots of bedding heated water buckets and good quality feed. I cut them different veggies each morning and fill with warm water like a soup but I was looking for some suggestions on things I could add to help boost them threw extremely cold days i sometimes add cat food but that appears to be way greasy. Thanks.

I have some whole corn out for mine. Mine like peas and romaine lettuce but overall, i just use the corn and the complete feed. I admit to not being to treat heavy here, to many birds tends to cause some ruffled feathers amongst them.

Sounds to me like yours are well taken care of! winter is hard, hard on everyone this one in particular at least in these parts.
smile.png

I give a little ground flax seed as well as sprouted wheat and fodder, a little dry cat kibble (the Eagle Pak does not seem very greasy) - and lettuce stems more for entertainment than nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom