Treats

Watermelon, meal worms, applesauce, peaches, cucumbers, and I like to do this thing where I cut up strawberries and differnst berries and put them in an ice cube tray and fill it with water and freeze it... they love it!!! But basically any fruit/vegetable they like!

Chickens can eat pretty much any table scrap on moderation. Here's some different ideas to try with your flock. They're bound to like some of them. :lol:

Cooked eggs, eggshells, berries, fruits, veggies, bread, herbs and other greens, garlic, meat scraps, pasta and rice.

I treat my girls to a mixed seed 20170610_142706.jpg a half cup twice a day for 5 hens. What they consume in 10 to 15 minutes. Feed too many treats will affect egg quality and quantity, I know, I doubled the amount of treats and egg production was less and shells were thinner. They have unlimited access to layers pellets and water.
My girls also free range for 2 hours before sunset, 20170527_182849.jpg to eat grass, clover, dandelion leaves and of course insects, 3 seasons of the year, when it's not raining. GC

Last edited:
Newbie at this but my week old chicks are loving chopped hard boiled eggs. Only treat they have ad so far.
My flock loves live meal worms, scratch and watermelon. I only give them treats about once a week though

Fruits, veggies, grass, weeds, berries, pumpkins, hard boiled or scrambled eggs, bread, pancakes, waffles. One day I gave them a slice of leftover bacon, that was the most fun to watch as they'd steal it from each other and run around with it.

P.S. they also love meal worms & sunflower seeds

Back
Top Bottom