1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Treats?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by amandarey20, Jan 27, 2011.

1. amandarey20

amandarey20 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2010
    Texas
    Is there any treats to give baby chicks? I wanna spoil my girls.

2. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    You can give them yogurt off your fingers. Plain yogurt is best. Also finely cut up grapes (seedless). Just make sure you have chick grit available for them. Just a lttle bit of treats is good. You want them eating their chick food to grow.

3. crooked stripe

crooked stripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2008
    N.E Ohio- Suffield
    I have given mine oatmeal like Quaker oats after a week or so. Great training method also. They even climb into the container when I'm not looking. Friendly buggers. This also helps when you need to give them a good looking over if you find problems. Makes them very friendly and not afraid of you.

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Scrambled eggs are a hit.

5. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Cooked spaghetti noodles were a HUGE hit with my girls when they were little. I would cook them for a minute or two longer so they were extra tender and then just dangle it in their brooder and they would jump and chatter and it was a hoot to watch them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by