1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Trendy chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Charlene, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Charlene

Charlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Just wondering if anyone else out there is amused by the new yuppie trendy chicken raising thing. To be fair, I only got mine a year before the chicken explosion hit and Sunset raised them and wrote a blog.

Still, is it a good thing for chickens or bad? Will people learn to appreciate their food? Will they just flood the animal shelters with unwanted chickens in a year or so? Thoughts?

2. LegHorn-BusHorn

LegHorn-BusHorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    No. I am in for the long hall. [​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Well I'm hooked for life.

4. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

I plan on raising exhibition birds for years to come [​IMG]

5. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    i'v been hooked, took awhile to get my BF to agree, but he gave me my coop for Christmas, and it is so pretty, nothing like my Grandpas. My chicken have light and air flow,protection, it is so cool.

6. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Well this may be the first trend that, when it goes out of fashion, you can just eat the product!

7. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    I have wanted chickens forever ... never had the room. Finally got my dream house, and DH and I were talking last night. Guess what, some of my girls are almost a year old!! I'm a lifer ... [​IMG]

8. Angelic Vampyre

Angelic Vampyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    I am getting back into them and now planning on buying land to increase my flock![​IMG]

9. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ive had chickens all my life and i look at them as no different than dogs or cats they are part of my family and i will never give up on them. no one can change my mind on my babies and i promise ill have chickens with me till the day i die im weird like that

10. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I wanted chickens for years. It's not a trend for me. I am in it for life. I love my feathered kids.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by