Trespasser!!!!!! - UPDATE on page 2

you say he went near your power box?...

do you mean you hydro meter?... if so I would call your hydro company as well if he noted your serial number on your hydro box he can use that number to add a service to your account. be careful

Quote:
I believe so. Both boxes for Power for house and meter as well as phone box are where he went. Definitely going to have to schedule folks to come out for real now and make sure nothing was tampered with. SIGH!
sad.png

Quote:
I believe so. Both boxes for Power for house and meter as well as phone box are where he went. Definitely going to have to schedule folks to come out for real now and make sure nothing was tampered with. SIGH!
sad.png

well do a real read and also track usage because if there are any unusual charges or a sudden spike in bills than at least you have reported it and chances are you wont be responsible for additional charges

Yikes, that's scary!! I'm glad your daughter got the plate number, hopefully they can track down that guy. Obviously he was up to something. I've had a van come here before, I watched as they came here and noticed there were 3 people in the van and only 2 came to the door. They brought a bottle of laundry soap and asked if they could come in to try to sell me something. That was enough for me to say no to, but to know that there was another person lurking outside in that van really freaked me out!! Why leave someone outside..??

A few years ago we had someone that would drive up and down our street in the middle of the night constantly stopping in front of or near our house. It was really weird!! Not long after that someone came into my house when I was sleeping and DH was gone. I heard them rummaging around in the kitchen and thought it was just my DH so luckily I stayed in bed! After a few minutes he went back outside which (still thinking it was DH) I thought was strange, then a truck pulled up in front of our driveway on the road and a guy ran up the driveway and got in the truck which then took off. We were remodeling our bedroom at the time so without any blinds up I saw it all. I about had a heart attack when I realized some stranger had just been in my house!! I don't know what they were up to, but when I told my mom she thought it was odd they would rummage around in the kitchen drawers, she was thinking maybe they were looking for a knife and thankfully I keep my knives hidden and out of sight.
th.gif

I'm glad your daughter is okay! That is one reason I always have had dogs, better than any alarm system and usually at least one big enough to make people think twice. The big one we have now is a 120 lb johnson american bulldog that looks to most people like a pit bull on steriods, have had more than one phone tech ask up to lock up our pit bull. It's a sad world to have reached a point where we must be on guard all the time
sad.png

This post made me recall an incident years ago when we rented an old farm. Our driveway was about a 1/4 mile long and you couldn't see the house from the road. One evening my husband went into town 20 miles away to see a friend and had a couple of beers. He wasn't a drinker so those two beers did him in and the friend called and told me he was keeping him for the night! (A GOOD friend) At the time I had 3 dogs, 2 six month old st.bernard mix pups (one looked like a huge red collie, the other like a gold shepherd, go figure) and one new arrival an 8 year old boxer who spent his entire life chained in someones back yard. I had kept him in the house that night "just in case". If it had just been me I probably would have let him sleep in the barn with the pups, but I felt better with him in since my girls were only 4 1/2 and 6.

About 3:30 in the morning I hear a car coming down the driveway and my first thought was hubby woke up and came home. then I saw the car, not him. I ran downstairs, grabbed a butcher knife and peeked out the kitchen window. They turned off the car and the dome light in the car came on, there were three men were in the car. All the while I'm wondering where the pups are as they always met the cars coming down the road. Suddenly here they come.

Lightening, the blonde one ran around the car barking in all the windows, while Thunder, her much larger sister, calmly walks to the front of the car and studies the situation for a moment or two... then... puts a paw on the bumper and up she goes, right onto the hood of the car, walks to the windshield looks at the driver and barks once. Then jumps down and sits in front the car, staring at them.

Light instantly goes off, car starts and off they go! I laughed til I cried, where is a video camera when you need one? She was hands down the best, smartest dog I've ever had and even as a 80 lb pup knew how to intimidate someone!

But again I'm glad your daughter is ok and glad your dogs scared him off!

I ended up calling the police department to follow up and police never actually came out but drove by area and surprisingly did not find anything (quite shocking as my daughter had told them on the phone that the guy hauled a$$ out of there!). I asked if they would follow up on the license plate and the deputy indicated that he would and would call me back, which he did promptly (not sure if they even were going to do that before I called to follow up! When the deputy called me back, he informed me that he could not give me too much information but that the car was licensed in Mocksville and not linked to a published number and registered to a woman, not a man. So they cannot do anything from there and I have no idea who this man is or what he was wanting and police can't or won't do anything further to find out. I am hoping if we get murdered or robbed they will be able to do something THEN. So police have description of the car and the man and are setting up random visits to us to monitor, etc. but that is all they can do. (sigh). Not meant to be a bash to the police. I know they are limited in resources, etc. and I do not expect a full Law and Order or CPSI investigation but MAN is this FRUSTRATING!
he.gif

So we will just be on the watch for things and take more extreme precautions and my father has an electrician friend that is also coming out to investigate to make sure nothing was tampered with.

So here is hoping to no more incidents! Whoever is tied to that car better hope nothing happens to us, our property, or anything with our neighbors, as we have alerted the "neighborhood" and ANY incident will entail with that license plate number in a police report. Very sad to know that instead of preventing a possible crime, we have to wait until one is committed. Again, no bash intended to police. I know they are doing what they can and the officer was very responsive when I called to follow up.

So scarey!!!
But really really drill it into your kids heads that under NO circumstances are they to EVER open the doors for anyone, even if he or she is in police uniform...keep ALL doors and windows locked and if someone is lurking about to call 911 and you at work, and go hide under the bed.
It is a good possiblity that the guy did not know your kids were home, and he just wanted to appear to any snoopy neighbors as if he was a legit cable guy, and he probably would have from afar, although what cable guy drives a car ?
Once your daughter showed herself, he kinda pretended to look at the meter not even knowing a thing about the dish or cable, and then skee-daddled.
That's what it sounded like to me, someone casing the joint cuz he thought your house was empty.
Don't let your kids open the door !
This could have been so much worse !

Many times the police CAN'T really do anything legally but just keep an eye on you and have the info put into the computer. I bet that license is tagged with info just in case something else happens... they just can't let you know all that they do so that they can get more information when it becomes available... if that makes sense. The great majority of police officers really LOVE getting the bad guys (that is why they chose to be an officer, certainly not for the money or risk to life!). But it is frustrating from a regular person perspective. I've been in there and I'm sure I'll be there again.
hmm.png
This has made me more queasy about Hubby's business trips. Need to borrow a friend's dog for those nights. I'm sure the boys would absolutely love that.
wink.png

I do not know why the police cannot call the registered owner and verify that it is being used legitimately. Just hearing that a car with my tags was somewhere a ways off, and the driver was doing strange things would certainly set my alarm bells ringing.

Did the police verify that the car your daughter saw is the one to which the tags are registered? Sometimes people steal licence plates.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly! The officer asked me description of the car and I got the impression it matched the tag as far as at least what the car is. My daughter came up with something too that is kind of "out there" but a bit freaky to think of. What is to say someone did not take this woman's car from Mocksville and she is home or wherever, hurt and no one knows. I would think if some strange man that did what he did and is driving a car that does not belong to him would merit further investigation in itself.

This bothers me in that this is not a case where a car came to the top of our road and scared us. A STRANGE MAN came ON MY PROPERTY and falsely represented himself and God knows WHY. I just do not understand why this does not merit further investigation. VERY scary and frustrating!

Back
Top Bottom