Trespasser!!!!!! - UPDATE on page 2

Our neighbors have been alerted as well and everyone on the watch for things, etc. (close knit small community). My daughter knows never to allow someone in or open the door but she did go out on the porch (fenced yard with dogs inside) and got blasted out for that, as she knows better.

I saw a 20/20 or 60 minutes show detailing kids whose parents have fully instructed them on not opening door, not going up to cars, etc. and most of the kids featured in the test they did failed and allowed the stranger access. VERY scary, especially at the lengths evil people will go to, etc.

All in all, save a few mistakes, she did alright with this time and hopefully now my daughter knows how to handle things like this in the future__or better yet, nothing like this happens again!

I just wish I knew who that man was and what he was intending. My daughter is scared to be at home now. I would SO love to find this man and have a few moments with him...
somad.gif

That is so scary!! I live in a military neighborhood off-base, and we have a lot of sales people come door to door. They always have on their work shirts and carry pamphlets, but still, have they had a background check done, yada yada yada. I called on of my neighbors once after one came to my door, and asked if they'd been by her house, too... Nope.. So I've since stopped answering to them, I know I never should have in the first place.

Carol, what area do you live in? I grew up in Spanish Springs! Crazy world, I was the second graduating class at SSHS, 04.. I used to live right behind the Albertsons, or I think it's now a Save Mart. I remember walking my dog once when I was younger, maybe 10 or 11 and some man in a van stopped to ask me for directions... A grown man, stopping a 10 year old girl for directions... Luckily the fire station was just right there, and my dog was barking like crazy and scarred the guy off, I ran all the way home. Creep.

Last edited:
Small world! - I live on the west side of Pyramid way back up on the hill. My daughters will be in graduating classes of 2015 and 2017 at SSHS. It really has grown here. My dh grew up in Sparks, went to Reed - used to ride his motorcycle/dirt bike out here.

I think you are living in a beautiful part of the world much different from Northern Nevada.

I appologize to everyone for sidetracking the thread...

connecting...carol

Back
Top Bottom