Trespasser!!!!!! - UPDATE on page 2

Ashmeade

Songster
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
Today my daughter was at home and a man came to the house in an unmarked car saying he was an official DISH something (he mumbled and she did not hear). He said he needed to inspect our sattelight dish on the other side of the house. She was taken offguard and said ok and then called me. From what she could tell he went by our power box and not near the dish (though this is right by our fenced yard and I am thinking the dogs went off on him). Our dogs scared him off (they were fenced in the yard but rattled him enough to leave)and I had my daughter call both our DISH tv and Hughes.net who both indicated they did not and would not send someone out like that. I then had her call 911. She got a license plate number and will report this. Waiting for police to come now.

Has anyone heard of this or anything like it. This has me pretty upset, especially since I am stuck at work right now!
sad.png

Last edited:
Service personel should ALWAYS have company ID with their photo on it, and if they need access to the house or backyard should ALWAYS make an appointment, or be in response to a service call YOU made. Most of hte time they should be in a company vehicle with appropriate markings on the vehicle. If he was messing with the power or dish, you need to have teh appropriate utility company verify that it was not tampered with. It is not uncommon for people to steal items containing copper and other metals that they can sell for a nice sum.

Lots of scammer lurking right now. I had a guy want to pave my driveway with "extra" materials they had ordered. Offered to do it for "free" and then...ya know the bill would come eventually. Just stupid. Had another couple of men selling meat out of the bed of a pickup...uh...no thanks. This was not Schwan's or any reputable company. Who knows where their meat came from?!?! I am not buying, and I am about ready to chain my very large Pit Bull to the tree out front with a veeerrrryyyy long chain!!!
somad.gif
rant.gif
(and hope they don't toss her a cookie
roll.png
) We have NEVER had people out like this, as we live about 12 miles from 'civilization' to begin with. Be careful, I'm sure some are trying to make a legitimate dollar, but some are not.

I have three daughters, so this is scary to me!
Good for her getting the license plate numbers, hopefully now they can find out who this guy was.

we had a scare last week, a girl who goes to school(middle school) with my oldest daughter was attacked while walking home. she wasn't hurt, thank goodness. and as it turns out, it was another teenager who knew her. they were making small talk when he tried to grab her inappropriately. but when they were flying choppers over our house at all hours of the night looking for the suspect of an unknown attacker, it worried me sick because my 2 older girls walk to and from school everyday(the school, our house, and where the attack happend are all within 3 blocks). needless to say I had a minivan crammed full of kiddos for the rest of the week, and I still go outside and stand in the driveway to make sure none of the walkers are by themselves.

I'm sure you must be furiated and worried sick. I hope they find out exactly who this guy is and exactly what business did he have at your house.
Also, when we had that attack in our neighborhood last week, I reminded several parents that it was a good time to go over safety measures with the kids. might be a good idea to go over the same with yours so she doesn't get caught off-guard in the future should something like that happen(heaven forbid)

I have Dish network. I've always called Dish for maintenance or upgrade. They give me a time and date by phone when the tech will arrive. The tech always calls us prior to arrival. They always show up in a van with the Dish logo on the sides etc...

Thanks for all the responses and support! Waiting on police to arrive. I have instructed my daughter to tell them if possible, unless he has some beyond good reason for doing what he did, I want him arrested for illegal tresspas since he came onto my property and identified himself falsely. VERY alarming.

My daughter knows now to immediately call the police if anything like this happens again and both our DISH companies confirmed that they never send anyone out like that. With him lying about who he was I am sure he was not up to anything good!

I just hope the police can get me answers and I guess I have to get the dish and maybe even the power and phone company to come out and make sure he did not do anything since he was by the power/phone box.

UGH!
rant.gif
somad.gif

Plus if he was looking to case the joint I suspect he would be quite disappointed as we have nothing to steal unless someone wants our animals__and good luck to him to take any of THEM. All my animals are odd and I think my dogs about gave him a heart attack trying to kill him through the fence! (wish they had!)
hmm.png

Had a fella show up in a maroon small truck, wearing a white polo with the Brinks logo on it. Said DH had made an appointment for noon (it being right at 12) ... to have the entire house reviewed to install a security system.... called DH what friends and family call him, NOT what's on the bills... so he knew DH somehow... problem of course is that DH works and attends school and there's no way in the world he'd make an appointment for noon, just would not happen. But besides which we RENT our home, it would be Mr B that made any appointment, Not Us, and we got no info from Mr B about this. Told him we rent so an alarm system is not something we can do without owner permission and he's free to contact the landlord.

He left, I called DH at work, NO idea about it... called Brinks... NO we NEVER send people out in ANYTHING but a white BRINKS labeled truck for exactly this reason... told me to call the cops so I did, gave them all info (plates, etc) never heard another thing about it.

So... yeah, alarm guy, not cable... wanting in the house, not just outside... but yeah, similar experience here. What the heck is wrong with people??

Back
Top Bottom