[Trigger warning: photo] Dead chick’s final moments; thoughts on what happened?

Yonny

Chirping
Jun 28, 2020
So of course this was my favorite baby 😞
She was fine yesterday and today she was non responsive. Crop empty not drinking and legs felt cold to the touch. All the other chicks have no symptoms and are running around in their little yard. No obvious external parasites. They’ve been eating flock raiser and medicated chick starter. Outside when weather allows
I caught her final moments on video and thought I’d post them here to see if it’s anything specific or just what they do as they pass.
(The purple on her chin is just marker from the hatchery)

7D9762B0-264A-4DC1-8E3C-E5EE438DD95B.jpeg

Ok I can’t upload the video but she would roll her head back, flutter her wings, stretch her legs straight out, and make chirp/cluck noises that just sounded weak and painful 😓

Ok I can’t upload the video but she would roll her head back, flutter her wings, stretch her legs straight out, and make chirp/cluck noises that just sounded weak and painful 😓
You can upload the video to YouTube and then post the link here.

Sorry for your loss. To see a video it is best to upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here. When I have witnessed a chicken dying, they may run sideways, arch their necks, kick, and almost appear as if having a seizure. The crop empties fluid from the beak. To find out what the cause of death was, it is best to have your state vet do a necropsy. Keep the body cold and take or ship it on Monday am.

Back
Top Bottom