Trio Of Lavender Bantam Polish

Quote:
lol.png
thumbsup.gif

no its fine , sorry i misunderstood anything , and i do appologise if i did, but what i was saying in the first post was totally misunderstood as well and taken out of context , maybe i worded it wrong .... lets all just be adults about the entire situation ok , and to make it clear i was just asking questions , myself as well as others have been taken advantage of before and therefor that is why i was asking , if you never ask you will never know .... but like i said before i LIKE THE BIRDS ...

Quote:
Just to clarify, no, lavender is not just like blue. Lavender is self blue: lavender X lavender = lavender. Naturally, if a breed/variety is in development, you could expect some glitches along the way. But genetically, lavender is lavender. If you add 'em together, and you don't reliably get lavender, they weren't lavender to begin with. Blue, as in andalusian blue, bred together (blue X blue) will produce black, blue, and splash, in fairly consistent percentages (25%, 50%, & 25%, respectively). Both lavender and blue are predictable breedings and do not randomly throw colors.
smile.png
Donnie, I am not picking on you, I just wanted to clarify that for folks who might not know.

And FYI, I have spoken with the breeder, and I would encourage anyone interested in the birds to just call him yourself and go from there. He is very helpful and forthcoming with information over the phone. Not everyone is as attached to their computers as some of us are! Lord knows I'd be lost without this dear little laptop of mine...
lol.png

didnt take it that way , and we are both correct if you may ..... since

Blue (Bl) dilutes black to blue when heterozygous and splash when homozygous. This dilution is not even, though. Blue chickens will have lacing and darker parts like the hackles and head. Splash birds will be "splotchy".

Lavender (Lav) only expresses itself when homozygous, and it dilutes to a very even color.

Quote:
Those are the same pics I got when I asked to see them from the eggbid auction... So my guess would be no but I can't know for sure
smile.png

Those Pics Were Taken A While Ago They Are Maturing Nicely. If You Come And Pick Them Up You Can Pick Your Own Trio Out Of The Pens If Im Shipping You Will Have To Take My Word That Im Going To Ship You The Best Trio Out Of The Group. Its My Name On The Line. If You Folks Need More Pics Just Let Me Know. I'll Have To Email Them To You Since I Can't Seem To Load Them.

I Am Close To State College . They Are Avilable For Pick Up . I Took New Picks Today And Taged The Birds So If I Ship These Pics Are Of The Birds You Would Be Getting One Pullet And The Roo Are Bearded Email Me For The New Pics

Back
Top Bottom