So just got back.
Mrs. Green's crop feels like there is a tiny water ballon in it, I suspect from the oil. I'm worried that it won't be a good idea to feed her her dinner.
Combs was on the egg box still flexing. She was broody (as she always gets when she lays) and had two eggs. I took the two eggs (only 1 resmbled her usual which are tall and very round. Picture very large perfect off white eggs. Its was her color but not nearly as round and pretty tall) and soon after I left the coop I heard distressed screams. She kept yelling and ran out the coop and went to eating like everything was normal. I soaked her in thesalt for about ten minutes and put her in the yard where she went to eating.

Update. Ms. Green looks like she's almost shutting down. She's hardly moving and standing in that owl/penguin position with her head tucked in. It's bad. Combs on the other hand is back to being top of the flock.

Guys, does anyone have advice for M. Green. She really has been struggling along for months and i've been the only reason she's even okay right now. I know if I didn't give her her special treatment she'd just die. She's a good girl. One of my favorites (and that's saying something). I know how amazing and sassy and sweet and loving she is. She's so smart and beautiful. I love her to bits but I'm worried that now she's just suffering. I don't know what to do. If anything someone please keep her in your thoughts.

Guys, does anyone have advice for M. Green. She really has been struggling along for months and i've been the only reason she's even okay right now. I know if I didn't give her her special treatment she'd just die. She's a good girl. One of my favorites (and that's saying something). I know how amazing and sassy and sweet and loving she is. She's so smart and beautiful. I love her to bits but I'm worried that now she's just suffering. I don't know what to do. If anything someone please keep her in your thoughts.

Given how much she means to you, I do not know what the right advice is.

She obviously needs extra care, but you seem willing to keep doing the extra care as long as she is not suffering too much. And she has clearly had a long, good life with you.

Because you are the one there to actually see her, I think you are the one who can best judge how much she is suffering and how much she still seems to enjoy life.

All I can suggest is that you watch her and think about what her life is like at the present time, and see if that helps you decide.

Sorry, that's probably not very helpful :hugs

Given how much she means to you, I do not know what the right advice is.

She obviously needs extra care, but you seem willing to keep doing the extra care as long as she is not suffering too much. And she has clearly had a long, good life with you.

Because you are the one there to actually see her, I think you are the one who can best judge how much she is suffering and how much she still seems to enjoy life.

All I can suggest is that you watch her and think about what her life is like at the present time, and see if that helps you decide.

Sorry, that's probably not very helpful :hugs
Update?!

Update:
Combs is fully normal and acting like nothing happened. She has a habit of bouncing back but man her scares scare the life out of me.
I went to find Ms. Green this morning and had to spend a good few minutes looking. In fact i panicked that something took her. She was way off in the treeless part of the yard in the owl/penguin position with her head tucked in. She seemed almost asleep until I was right next to her. She stayed with me and I pet her. She's weak but still has that special glint in her eye. She found a tomato (we were at the garden fence) and she took a few bites surprisingly. Her crop feels pretty empty but almost as if a little water was in it. She stopped eating rather suddenly and looked like she was about to fall asleep. After a moment I then helped move her back to the others (with hawks around a lot these days I don't want any girls alone in the treeless section). She's really slow today.

You obviously love ms. Green and have taken wonderful care of her. Is it time to show her you know she is suffering and because you love her, as much as it breaks your heart you can let her go?

Back
Top Bottom