Trouble getting ban chickens to stop crying

Get them a heat lamp or some sort of heat source ASAP. Until then, provide lots of bedding and maybe warm a few water bottles. I've been known to snuggle with chicks too, when there's been power outages and I've had very young ones. You could try that.

They need a special sort of food that can be found at feed stores. It's usually labelled "chick starter." Make sure they have access to it at all times. Make sure they have clean, fresh water, too. You may even gently dip their beaks into the water to be sure they know where it is and how to drink. I always do that with new babies just in case.

okay, I'm going to post pictures of things that you need to get for your chicks. I'm assuming you're a beginner, and I really hope that you did a bit of research before getting these two chicks.

Feed
Capture.PNG
Dumor chick starter is pretty much the standard chick feed. If you live near a tractor supply, that is easy to come by.

feed.PNG and while you're out, if you come across something like these (they should be relatively small), they're ideal for young chicks i guess.
heating
heat pad.PNG or heat lamp.PNG
(left is heatpad, right is heatlamp)
You want to get one of these ASAP. I'm pretty sure they're at tractor supply, but i honestly haven't looked.
But in the meantime, use the tips above to keep your babies warm while you get them heating!!
Housing/bedding
I'm not too sure where you're housing them right now, or what you're using for bedding, but I suggest straw for bedding. If you have other hens, make sure they're separate and the hens can't reach them. Hens will see them as a threat to their status, and they could seriously injure or kill them.

I got the pictures off Google but it's always nice to have some visuals. Please keep us updated on how the chicks are doing.

AAE14F4C-9F20-4C04-93E3-A3420961AD04.jpeg
I just got two baby chickens and they won’t stop crying , they been crying for almost all day. I don’t know what to do. The first day was all good. I don’t have a heat thingy but I’m not sure if I need them. They are still a week I think because they still haven’t got there feathers. Please help get them to stop crying

Instead of blanket or straw I would use pine mulch and use a cheap kitty litter scoop to scoop out poo each day. Have to change all of bedding each week totally and clean brooder. Cleaning items that are plastic should be with water and distilled vinegar 50/50 before adding fresh. Get the big jug. You can save the chic poo mulch and throw it in the garden. It’s great for natural mulch to grow vegetables. Not sure what you are using to brood in. If have box, crate, old baby pool something clean you don’t mind using that will work. Good Luck! Should look like this. You can also put small 1/2-1 inch round tree branches in the brooder for them to perch on. Helps teach them to roost. Ask any questions anytime.

I just got two baby chickens and they won’t stop crying , they been crying for almost all day. I don’t know what to do. The first day was all good. I don’t have a heat thingy but I’m not sure if I need them. They are still a week I think because they still haven’t got there feathers. Please help get them to stop crying

Oh just FYI won’t feather out enough to be outside on own without controlling temp till 4-5 weeks at earliest. Let us know how it’s going.

:welcome :frow I think maybe heat and even a clean cloth such as a wash cloth. I can't find the picture I am looking for. I love to take pictures. Good luck and have fun...

Attachments

• 2014-03-17 17.04.58.jpg
    2014-03-17 17.04.58.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 2015-05-13 19.29.40.jpg
    2015-05-13 19.29.40.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom