Trouble with the neighbor.

noodleroo made me think of another suggestion. You could contact your congressman's office as well. You could be surprised at the fact that they will respond. I contacted our local congressman about a small matter for my mother and not only did they respond but they actually fixed the problem. They work for us, they should do something for the money we pay them.
wink.png

Off-topic political comments removed....please stay on topic.
wink.png

BackYardChickens staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BackYardChickens staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
* Do not post threads questioning moderation.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/misc.php?action=rules

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you dont give up your fight... thats what they WANT....
If the DA was a jerk today and wouldnt listen to you.. go higher!! He does have a boss....
remember..you are AFRAID of this guy...he said he would shoot your animals.....etc.. etc....
He came on your property at dawn with camera and pretended to be from the DA's office.... when your hubby wasnt home.... etc.. etc...
You DO have a leg to stand on..... Use it!

I am worried. Tomorrow will be "day 3" and yes I have gotten rid of the source of the complaint, I still have my hens here. I have not had time to build a new pen for them (I do have to work ya know)
If the animal control guy wants to be a real JERK he could theoretically impound my ladies, and it costs $40 each to get them back out!!!!!!!! (BTW, it costs $25 to get a cat or dog out)

The wording of the ordinance is fairly loose, allowing them to impound animals for "being at large OR in violation of this ordinance" . . . . it does NOT seem to say that I have to have my day in court before they can take them. I'm not getting a good vibe from the wording of this document.

Padlock your birds in their coop and run. Post No Trespassing signs ON the coop and run. Make it so that the inspector would have to break into your run and/or coop to get your birds. Without a warrant, he would be violating your constitutional rights.

First call the officer who was there.
ask for a copy of the report. No report? Ask why since this guy has threatened to shoot at your residence. No excuse.
Go to his boss and ask why this was ignored.
tell him about his claim to be working for the DA. Cops hate impersonators.

I know cops don't like to get into a fight between families and neighbors, but the threat of using a fire arm should have gotten something done.
Like it has been said file a complaint against him.
Now here is something a lot of people don't know. WRITE IT DOWN.
In any book, diary, ledger what not. Every time this guy comes near you or your property write it down. It could turn into a harassment/stalking charge against him.
Like it has been said get a game camera and set it up. I got one off of e-bay pretty cheap.
It sets the date and time and if this bozo is coming on your property without you knowledge you will soon have it.
People look up so set it low.

As for the DA go over his head to his boss.

remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Your DA is probably elected; they don't have a boss other than the people that elect them. Again, Texas law is possibly different. They work independently yet together with law enforcement and the court system. Our DA would never be in a position to deal with a matter that was not of the most serious nature like murder, drugs, robbery and burglary, etc. There is probably a particular prosecutor that handles the less serious cases and you need to find out WHO that is and talk with them.

If you hit a brick wall everywhere, got to the clerk's office where these kinds of records are filed. It is the one place that may be able to get you to the exact right person. Clerks also interface with everybody from law enforcement to prosecution to court. They are a neutral entitiy and are there to help everybody (in theory).

Ask for the clerk, the one that is elected- could be called the District Clerk of Clerk of the Court. If she is not there ask for the clerk in charge of criminal matters. Introduce yourself and tell them that you don't know where else to go.
1) Tell them that you are trying to get a man prosecuted that has made terroristic threats and tresspassed on your property and that you are afraid of him and what he might do next.
2) Tell them that you have reported it to law enforcement and they didn't make a report. (They won't be surprised by this, by the way)
3) Tell them that the man came onto your property posing as being with the DA's office
'getting evidence'.
4) Tell them that the man is upset over your PETS and you think thats why no one is taking this seriously.

Then ask them who you should talk to to get this taken seriously. I'll bet they'll go out of their way to help you.

By the way, I'm a District Clerk....

Ask them

Back
Top Bottom