Trouble

I'm all for the SSS, but some of you folks have convicted the dogs of murder before the fact. I agree in trying to find the owners. See if the dogs are friendly. Who knows, they may turn out to be the best pets you ever had.

I was in your situation many years ago when I went out to leave for work one morning. I just called the dogs (both German sheppards) and they came to me to get tied up BUT I could only use one hand to do it as the other hand was full of 9mm....
Local dog catcher picked them up that afternoon and I never saw them again.

Quote:
I agree, especially given that at least one has a collar--the other could have slip its. Dogs do get free, wander and get lost. As long as they haven't gotten to your birds and aren't threatening you, I'd give them a reprieve before dropping them. One thing I wouldn't do is chase them away--they'll come back. Find out who they belong to and get them home--with a warning.

Quote:
I agree, especially given that at least one has a collar--the other could have slip its. Dogs do get free, wander and get lost. As long as they haven't gotten to your birds and aren't threatening you, I'd give them a reprieve before dropping them. One thing I wouldn't do is chase them away--they'll come back. Find out who they belong to and get them home--with a warning.

I would of, if I could've. That is my camera trail cam that caught them a few times over the last few weeks. Apparently they know they're not suppose to be roaming, we've never seen them directly as I think when they hear somebody they skedaddle. Once before, a strange dog came around that came up to me----I didn't shoot it-------I did get a marker and draw targets on it's sides and forehead, then let it loose. Never saw that dog again!.
I have had to shoot dogs that were in a killing frenzy in the past more then once. And I have had to wait up for a lone killer dog also in the past:

36435_guineadeath.jpg

Quote:

I would of, if I could've. That is my camera trail cam that caught them a few times over the last few weeks. Apparently they know they're not suppose to be roaming, we've never seen them directly as I think when they hear somebody they skedaddle. Once before, a strange dog came around that came up to me----I didn't shoot it-------I did get a marker and draw targets on it's sides and forehead, then let it loose. Never saw that dog again!.
I have had to shoot dogs that were in a killing frenzy in the past more then once. And I have had to wait up for a lone killer dog also in the past:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/36435_guineadeath.jpg

Oh so these dogs are all ready getting your chickens? I'm sorry I didn't know that. You need to do what you need to do but I would still call someone before you do it. Like you said it could be a new neighbor and the dogs got lost. BUT if these dogs are already killing then there's nothing you can do but what you have to. I had dogs outside my pen, I gave a shot up in the air the dogs ran off and I didn't see them again. However, I would kill them if need be.

Back
Top Bottom