truck recommendations? :D

Quote:
Hah, see, this is where I reeeeally show my truck ignorance. I thought it had a camper shell.
hide.gif

So Ford Rangers though seem to have a lot of fanfare... Hmm.

Quote:
Hah, see, this is where I reeeeally show my truck ignorance. I thought it had a camper shell.
hide.gif

So Ford Rangers though seem to have a lot of fanfare... Hmm.

my dad has a Chevy it is not diesel but it has about 130,000 miles on it. But it might be a little big.

ETA: and that truck has had no engine problems either

Last edited:
Quote:
x2....... they made a bajillion of them and last one owned had 320k miles on it.. it was literally rusting apart faster then we were wearing out the engine at that point.

Ford is always built better and meant to last. In the Horse Trader I saw a Ford with like 190,000 miles on it going for about 9K. It wasnt diesel eiter.

Dodge Dakota. Or Chevy Colorado. My company had Rangers as work trucks and not a day went by we didn't curse Henry Ford by name. If you want something under 2k, look for an S-10 ZR2, they rock.

Last edited:
Quote:
I still consider an SUV as a truck, to be honest. Sure it doesn't have a bed in the back, but you can fold down those seats and place what you need there. And when you have extra people you can unfold those seats and put the others back there; which is a plus.

If you want something newer though, go by what everyone else said. Rangers, S-10s/Colorados, Dakotas, or Tacomas are pretty good.

Last edited:
Quote:
x2....... they made a bajillion of them and last one owned had 320k miles on it.. it was literally rusting apart faster then we were wearing out the engine at that point.

Ford is always built better and meant to last. In the Horse Trader I saw a Ford with like 190,000 miles on it going for about 9K. It wasnt diesel eiter.

My 93 F250 Ford truck with the 7.3L IDI diesel has 338,000 miles on it. I use it every day. Parts are reasonable and not to hard to work on when needed. Over the years replacements have included: 1 starter, 1 water pump, 2 brake rebuilds, 1 clutch, wheel seals replaced twice, glow plugs twice, and the side mounted fuel lift pump once. I'm still running on the original injectors and HP pump. The newer Direct Injection diesels are much more expensive to maintain.

P.S. If it's not a manual transmission, it's not a real truck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom