truck recommendations? :D

Quote:
That's what we thought too
smile.png
It actually makes me a little nervous that it's so cheap, makes me wonder if there's something wrong with it that he didn't mention in the ad. But we'll see... Gas mileage I really don't care much about, the truck isn't gonna be a daily driver. I'd be surprised if we put 100 miles a month on it.

Quote:
That's a steal at $1000. You'll be lucky if it gets 8 mpg, but that looks like a good farm truck to me.

x100

Wish I lived closer, I just got paid
hide.gif

Quote:
We unfortunately are relatively new in our area, and don't have any trusted mechanic friends here yet, or even know which shops are good =/ Otherwise that'd be an awesome suggestion. I need to make more friends, hah. Maybe if we buy this beater truck we'll get forced to try some places, heh.

Quote:
smile.png
It actually makes me a little nervous that it's so cheap, makes me wonder if there's something wrong with it that he didn't mention in the ad. But we'll see... Gas mileage I really don't care much about, the truck isn't gonna be a daily driver. I'd be surprised if we put 100 miles a month on it.

That is priced right for that truck. If it looked real nice it would only be worth about $1800. An remember even if you only get a few month out of it it will crush for almost half what you are paying.

If it runs right though it should make about 16mpg.

Quote:
smile.png

That is priced right for that truck. If it looked real nice it would only be worth about $1800. An remember even if you only get a few month out of it it will crush for almost half what you are paying.

If it runs right though it should make about 16mpg.

You mean crush as in I sell it to a scrapper?

I have almost the same truck mine is just black and gray 2 tone. Granted it is a 1994 but not much changed from that year and my year. I get 8 around 8 mpg. I have almost 200000 on the truck and it runs great. I have done ujoints in both front and rear drive shafts and new breaks in the rear other then that no problems at all. I have towed a 3 horse slant trailer loaded with this truck no problems at all. (i have electric breaks) Ford is the way to go. Easy to work on, parts very available, fairly good resale, will run for ever.

Here is a pic the day i brought it home.
20380_40943_1580693443628_1424434543_31523531_3375244_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom