True Araucanas wanted in FL

chiknlittl

Chirping
Jun 14, 2016
Central Florida
My son wants us to add true Araucanas to our flock for some beautiful blue eggs and I’ve also read that they tend to have good personality traits. But I can’t seem to find them anywhere! Does anyone know a reputable source for them? I’d like to get 4 to 6, only one rooster of course. I would like to try raising some to perpetuate the flock. Thanks!!

My son wants us to add true Araucanas to our flock for some beautiful blue eggs and I’ve also read that they tend to have good personality traits. But I can’t seem to find them anywhere! Does anyone know a reputable source for them? I’d like to get 4 to 6, only one rooster of course. I would like to try raising some to perpetuate the flock. Thanks!!
I read they were flighty... and don't have any personal experience with these sellers... but just trying to help you find some resources...
http://www.awesomearaucana.com/

http://www.skyblueegg.com/

https://www.araucana.net/breeders/

Good luck! :pop

I find my Arauanca to be flighty (i.e., good at flying), but quite calm with a good temperament. Not flighty like my Appenzeller Spitzhauben that won't let me get near them without taking off like a little flock of feral cats. I mentioned elsewhere on BYC that I have a purebred bantam roo and hen couple that I would be willing to let go. I bought them as day old chicks from Ann Charles' Sky Blue Eggs. She has some gorgeous birds. Please visit her website to see what she has available (may have to wait for the spring...). Anyway, my birds would not be show material, as they are clean faced and the black has significant red leakage. But they have good type and I imagine the pullet will lay beautiful eggs once she starts to lay. I live in Naples, Florida, so it's pretty far south, but if you're willing to drive a bit, please let me know. Thanks!

Hi. I was not the creator of the post, but I do breed Araucana. What line do you breed? Or where did your own line originate? Mine are from Ann Charles. I might be interested in adding some new blood since I’m early in my breeding project. What colors do you breed? Is your roo double-tufted? How many tufted chicks usually hatch from a dozen of your eggs? And where are you located? I’m way down in south Florida, so I don’t buy shipped eggs unless they’re from the SE states.

Wondering if you ever found Araucanas for you son? If not I sell hatching eggs.

By the way, I just noticed that you live in Ludowici, GA. My hubby goes up to Brunswick several times a year (sometimes I go, too). Would you want to swap some eggs or chicks or something the next time I head up (might be in the next month or so)? Would you be willing to meet us 1/2 way between Ludowici and Bruswick? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

By the way, I just noticed that you live in Ludowici, GA. My hubby goes up to Brunswick several times a year (sometimes I go, too). Would you want to swap some eggs or chicks or something the next time I head up (might be in the next month or so)? Would you be willing to meet us 1/2 way between Ludowici and Bruswick? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Mary I am in lyons georgia, I don't need any right now but I'd wanted to connect with you because I will be on the market for a few of your Americanas once my brooder gets empty (I have chicks in there now and chicks due to hatch 5/1) . Do you have other breeds too? Do you sell eggs or just chicks?

Mary I am in lyons georgia, I don't need any right now but I'd wanted to connect with you because I will be on the market for a few of your Americanas once my brooder gets empty (I have chicks in there now and chicks due to hatch 5/1) . Do you have other breeds too? Do you sell eggs or just chicks?

Hello,

I sell eggs, chicks, and adult chickens (though I don't send adults through the mail). I breed the following:
Araucana (tufted and rumpless, different than the Americana),
Marans (Blue Birchen at the moment, though soon it will be Black Copper),
Buff laced Brahma,
Barbezieux,
Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and
Olive Eggers (at the moment Araucana roo over Black Copper Marans hen).

Please let me know if you're interested in anything in the next several weeks, as we're headed up that direction in the not-too-distant future. The online map suggests it's about two hours from Brunswick to Lyons. If that's true, I'd be willing to drive the hour to meet you half-way. :)

Thanks, MZ

Hello,

I sell eggs, chicks, and adult chickens (though I don't send adults through the mail). I breed the following:
Araucana (tufted and rumpless, different than the Americana),
Marans (Blue Birchen at the moment, though soon it will be Black Copper),
Buff laced Brahma,
Barbezieux,
Silver Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben, and
Olive Eggers (at the moment Araucana roo over Black Copper Marans hen).

Please let me know if you're interested in anything in the next several weeks, as we're headed up that direction in the not-too-distant future. The online map suggests it's about two hours from Brunswick to Lyons. If that's true, I'd be willing to drive the hour to meet you half-way. :)

Thanks, MZ

By the way, I should specify that at the moment I only have eggs of most of the above! But I could put a batch of eggs in if you were interested and gave me sufficient notification.

Back
Top Bottom