True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
If it helps you out at all, when I emailed Dr. Whiting about the McMurray birds, he said they were a feather sexable breeder package he sold to them. And they were the latest generation so the same genetic potential as he has here in CO.

My order has been changed from June 15th to the week of April 18th. I called for cancellations. Thats much better than waiting until mid June..got to get those babies growing:)

My order has been changed from June 15th to the week of April 18th. I called for cancellations. Thats much better than waiting until mid June..got to get those babies growing:)

That's nice! I wonder if that means they're brooding more than they had originally planned on, since they seem to have sold out so fast...

Maybe I should go place an order before I miss out again lol ;)

Yeah, I went and looked; all that are available for the rest of hatch are males.

:(

But I also noticed they are "poor" meat birds... I need bigger birds :p

I'm crossing a Blue Andalusian with some BAs in spring, so I'll get some blue birds, but not blue eggs. I can still eat them I hope lol; Blue (the roo) has some scrawny legs, but the girls are all fat and sassy, so I should end up somewhere in the middle...

Are they just a poor meat bird because of final size, or how long it takes to get there? I just like to have second options lol; I already have too many "poor" meat birds and I get pretty hungry sometimes ha-ha ;)

I emailed Murray McMurray to see if they knew when more pullets would be available and they said they are sold out for the year
1f62d.png

I find it curious that people are so obsessed with having chickens that lay blue eggs lol...

I want chickens that lay blue eggs! :p

All it does is feed my chicken addiction MORE ha-ha, if I can't buy them then I'll just have to get creative until I can. Knowing me, I'll figure it out just as soon as they become available again, and by then, I'll have all these extra birds I'm messing with and won't have room for them.

Ironically, that's exactly what happened this time too :p

We ended up making a run to Whiting Farms to get some pullets from Dr Thomas Whiting himself. Love these birds! They are big for six-month olds. Pretty flighty, but they laid 5 eggs on the way

home (four-hour drive) then got 17 eggs today! We'll likely get some day old chicks end of March/April.

Back
Top Bottom