True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
We have 8 straight run chicks coming next week, will post photos of them when they get here.

Hoping we get at least a few hens out of that.

When we placed our order, there were no more pullets available for the rest of the year..

Had to buy a bunch of chicks to get my order moved up to when they had a handful of straight run available.

Looking forward to the diversity in color and eventually, the eggs in my basket (keeping fingers crossed).

I think you'll really like them. I've got a few in two incubators, and getting ready to fill another one w/ 25 eggs tomorrow. I'm also going to be picking up 100 chicks the end of March ... And the majority are already sold. It's crazy! But I understand why -- big, pretty, hardy birds that lay a ton of sky blue eggs. Perfect!

Oh the birds are good sized? I was under the impression that they were smaller. That's ok. Size doesn't matter much to me, though I don't want bantams with bantam sized eggs. I am excited about getting 300+ blue eggs per year though. :)

These pullets were 6.5 months old when I got them, and they were every bit as big as my 2-year-old EE and Ameraucana hens. Egg size varies -- some are smaller, but Dr. Whiting said the size will increase and color darken as the birds get a little older.

Back
Top Bottom