True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
My friends that ordered the chicks with me got a bunch of different colors and ended up with the most beautiful black,red and green roo. I am building a coop for her roo and will put my blue/green egg layers in with him to expand my colored egg layers. I think i will add my marans too for olive eggers. I have 2 dark olive egg layers. I wonder if bred to him if the eggs will be more blue or just a lighter olive?

Keep checking McMurray hatchery for order cancellations. They were sold out early on for 2016. I was on there almost 3 weeks ago and they had some available. I immediately ordered 10 pullets and 3 roosters. I went back to order some more for a friend and they were sold out again. Mine are all doing very well.

My 2 True Blue Whitings from MacMurrays have started laying! The eggs? Light green.
Well if they are indeed laying light green eggs, that is bound to disappoint many including myself... I purchased them on the assumption they were as the name (and pictures) implied 'True Blue' layers knowing Dr. Whiting has a different green laying line of the birds...

How old are they if I may ask. And that is sad! I want blue eggs without the price of say cream leg bars. :(

The current American stock of Cream Legbars are not even true blue eggs, they have a green tints to them...

The cheapest blue-blue eggs in the US are going to come from Easter Eggers, assuming you find a good line of them where the color has not been diluted...

How old are they if I may ask. And that is sad! I want blue eggs without the price of say cream leg bars.
sad.png
Legbar chicks prices are highly variable, but dropping all over the place. The big advantage of Legbars is knowing you are not raising any males (or more males than you want). I was selling straight run Ameraucanas (pure, not EE's) for $8 and Legbar pullets for $15. Which is the better value? Now Legbars are retailing for $12 and will be $10 or less soon.

My Legbars lay the bluest of all my breeds, even the various colors of Ameraucana. Some Am breeders are actively breeding for a turquois color, with a hint of green, to deepen the color. As the laying season progresses, the eggs get bluer if they start out greenish, but my Jill Reese Legbar pullet eggs started out an intense blue and have stayed that way.

Back
Top Bottom