True Cinnamon Queens wanted... Anybody know where?

I have 9 cinnamon queens that were given to us. We've had them a month and I absolutely love my girls. I get an egg a day from each girl even in winter. I talked my hubby into letting me get a NH roo and SLW hens to breed. I'm so excited!

I have 9 cinnamon queens that were given to us. We've had them a month and I absolutely love my girls. I get an egg a day from each girl even in winter. I talked my hubby into letting me get a NH roo and SLW hens to breed. I'm so excited!
Sounds like me!! My CQ's and red sex links are the backbone of my egg business (well, my 12 year old son's business).

I agree, I personally like the golden comet.  Finding "true" bloodlines is nearly impossible. I met a man in Oklahoma who was breeding and selling all across craigslist  several years ago about the wonder chicken breed he had bought off the Amish and was making available to the public. They laid huge eggs, he had pictures, laid an egg a day and sometimes more, laid all thru winter, etc.  The golden comet.  I was so excited, a provider of golden comet that didn't come from a hatchery where I had to order a ton. I drove 2 hours to get some, to find that his parent stock were none other than golden comet!  Which of course means they don 't breed true.  I explained all of the factors of a sex link chicken, etc etc etc to him. I am sure while I was there that he didn't believe me about that, but the craigslist ad did come down about a week later.  I have sense learned to ask about breeding stock as well. And they "owner" at purely poultry seems to know nothing about chickens either.

Purely poultry is a middle man, they don't actually hatch chicks

I'm not sure if you found what you are looking for, but I got mine from a lady named Judy at Poultry Hollow Farms. The farm was in TN, and I think I saw on their site where they ship chicks. (I'm in Knoxville Tn, which was only about a 2 hour drive for us) She had a beautiful farm and her chickens were well maintained in different sections so they wouldn't cross breed. From what I could tell, she had a real sense of pride about her breeding stock and taking care of her babies. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom