Trying for an educated guess English Orpingtons, Crele, cockerel or pullet?

Orpingtons Mom

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Fredericksb'g/Culpeper VA
They are exactly 11.27 weeks old.

Eggs purchased from eBay, bought six, got six chicks!

I am guessing, and of course hoping, I have three pullets. However, if they are cockerels, that’s ok. They will have a home for life as I am starting a roo flock!

First pictures:

8B2C96D3-DE68-4CFB-AC68-3C68514D4F8F.jpeg

79EC9FBC-29D2-4CB8-8345-6F51889849FE.jpeg

EB50DC54-44E3-41CE-8E6B-D4E473053EA8.jpeg

They are exactly 11.27 weeks old.

Eggs purchased from eBay, bought six, got six chicks!

I am guessing, and of course hoping, I have three pullets. However, if they are cockerels, that’s ok. They will have a home for life as I am starting a roo flock!

First pictures:

View attachment 2482339

View attachment 2482340

View attachment 2482344
Female specific pattern. I believe they're female, & they're not Crele. They're partridge. I see no barring, unless they're someone's project birds.

Orpingtons usually have beefy legs with both genders.

What makes you think you have a boy?

Beefy legs! LOL. I did not know it was prevalent with both.

I first pictures I posted were of the same youngster. The second picture, of the beefy legs, was a different one.

Doing research on partridge and "female specific pattern".

Beefy legs! LOL. I did not know it was prevalent with both.

I first pictures I posted were of the same youngster. The second picture, of the beefy legs, was a different one.

Doing research on partridge and "female specific pattern".
I couldn't tell it was the same bird.

Love the exactly 11.27 weeks number. Haha.
I would also say pullets. The female specific colouring just means that it’s a color pattern that is only seen in females. There are male specific patterns as well. Usually female patterns are more even, whereas male patterns tend to be brighter, splashy, etc. Females tend to get colouring in the chest/breast region and males get a lot of color coming over the shoulders/wings. :)

Back
Top Bottom