Trying to keep a rooster in the city

Drove my flock from Montana to California for a family trip my folks loved them almost talked them into keeping some...I'll do it I tell you chicks stayed with us for a month then we headed home for montana even drove through yellowstone park lol

Elvis (the rooster) didn't get to go to the beach after all, as hubby had to stay home and work anyhow. He said the next-door neighbors (who have been known to harass people by reporting them to city hall for made-up code violations) promise that they aren't bothered at all. I'm getting used to the crowing myself, so hopefully all is well on that front.

What we've done this week is put him in a cat carrier and then shut the carrier in a cupboard in the garage. I just feel sorry for the poor guy because it's like we're putting him in a dungeon. He fights us when we pull him off the roost in the evening (didn't do that at first).
sad.png
The carrier is big enough for him to turn around in but not stretch out, and once he's in there he clucks but doesn't protest, so I don't think it's torturing him but I do feel sorry for the guy.

In the morning we're going to put him in the coop (instead of directly in the run) and gauge how loud the crow is from outside. I might even go over to the parking lot of the apts. behind our house to find out what they can hear. I doubt that it will be quiet enough, but I can hope.
fl.gif
If he does get to sleep with the pullets, maybe he will stop trying to rape them when he first sees them in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom