Trying to nip this in the bud.

Rather than spending time and money on a quest to trap a coyote, spend it instead by making a preditor proof coop and run.
This project is totaly doo-able and will have positive long lasting effect.
You and i and everyone else will always have preditor problems as long as we have chickens and other livestock.
as soon as you remove one preditor more will move in a occupy the new avaliable space.

How do you plan on trapping them, and what would you do with them if you catch one? You will need to keep your dogs and cats away from the traps to avoid injuring them. I would suggest looking into electric fencing. It't not too hard to run a few strands of wire around a pasture.

I will probably use the foot traps, pen up the cats (not looking forered too that fight) and dogs and during the day unset it so it is only set at night when nothing domesticated can get to it.
As for what I am going to do with it after I catch it probably shoot it ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Also it will be out side the fence so the live-stock can't get injured.
If you’ve never trapped canines before learn to do it properly. You can’t just unset footholds every day. That’ll last 3 days before you’re annoyed. Plus messing with them that often will get them dug up quick due to way way too much scent. The traps need to be treated as well. You’d be far better off just shooting them unless you already know how to trap and have the proper equipment. If I were you I would use electric fencing and kill the coyotes. Animals don’t just move back in overnight that’s a myth but they will eventually.

There is only one trap to deal with. And I am trying to leave a lot of human scent around but they keep coming, so if I leave enough scent to keep them away then that is fine by me. I am not catching them for them I am catching them so they don't kill my birds ;)

Back
Top Bottom