trying to tell if its fertil or not pics added post 17

i cant tell...its to hard to see anything through the shell but an outline
sad.png

its a french standered black copper marans...the eggs i have been waiting for have gotten here today and i will be setting them tomorrow and i since that was a tester that could possable be fertil i'm just trying to find out if it is
big_smile.png

Last edited:
well i cracked the poor egg, the tester egg, so had to toss it. before doing so i cracked it open the rest of the way just to see and sure enough there was a poor lil chick in it
sad.png
now i feel bad that i accaidently cracked the egg but i now have 21 eggs in the bator 3 french black copper marans and 18 d'uccle eggs all put in today hoping the d'uccle eggs will develop since some are on day 11 and some on day 10 and some think i should have tossed them but i think i am going to give them a chance to see if anything happens though hopfully i will have a good hatch
fl.gif

Quote:
I'm so sorry about the baby that was lost That's one of the reasons I no longer candle except when there is limited space in the hatcher tray ...I had that happen to me too!!! Also, I believe that the more we bring the eggs in and out of the incubator and handle them, we risk bringing dirt/oil to them from our hands and also that precious temperature and humidity which needs to be kept even. Just my 2 cents here. I wish there were an incubator that had a clear sides and rotated so we could see the eggs and their development without having to remove them!

Have a blessed day! Nancy

Back
Top Bottom