TSA wants to double security fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they were looking for drugs they would check incoming international flights when the passengers got off.

The body scanners are only used for passenger on outgoing flights? I hadn't considered that was the case. It might not be a bad idea to have some security checks on incoming flights from countries that have lax or suspect security but I'm still puzzled as to why, as far as I know, only one country uses x-ray scanners. Pakistan would be on my list right now!

The body scanners are only used for passenger on outgoing flights? I hadn't considered that was the case. It might not be a bad idea to have some security checks on incoming flights from countries that have lax or suspect security but I'm still puzzled as to why, as far as I know, only one country uses x-ray scanners. Pakistan would be on my list right now!

So you want to make the rules for other countries airports ?

Where in the Constitution was the government given power to play security for a private company on my dime. If an airline wants to make people strip nude an dance the funky chicken before boarding there plane that's fine. The fed on the other hand has no business dictating those rules nor does it have any business playing security for the airlines. The courts have already said that the forth amendment protects the people from the government setting up checkpoints to search you. It also said that using technology to see what can not be seen by the human eye is also a 4th amendment violation. There is a reason the founders did not want the fed to have these powers.

An no I have not forgotten anything. I have not forgotten how a policy of giving in to hijackers demands killed thousands. This sheeple mindset that you should not defend your self, that its the governments job to do that. Thats what let 9/11 happen. Not a few box cutters.

Without wishing to attempt to comment on any specific set of laws or any particular constitution, an argument that necessary airport security measures infringe personal rights is self-defeating. I would regard it as a personal right to be able to travel as free as possible from the risk of being killed or threatened by someone on board the 'plane. Laws protect society too, not just individuals.

It would be impracticable for individual airlines to be totally responsible for their own security. There are too many airlines for them each to have their own checking areas. Also, governments are more aware of the nature of current threats than any airline. In any case, there are airlines whose security standards one might not trust. There are airlines who can't even be trusted to adhere to proper aircraft maintenance schedules.

It would also not be effective for individual passengers to take responsibility for their own safety in this context. Passengers pulling guns on a guy who's reached down to tie a shoe lace is just a scene that's too crazy to contemplate. Shooting a guy who has his hand on the detonator is too late. What else, take down all of the road signs intended to help us avoid accidents in our cars?

It would also not be effective for individual passengers to take responsibility for their own safety in this context. Passengers pulling guns on a guy who's reached down to tie a shoe lace is just a scene that's too crazy to contemplate. Shooting a guy who has his hand on the detonator is too late. What else, take down all of the road signs intended to help us avoid accidents in our cars?
So true I'll take the pat down before I'll get on a plane with a bunch packing guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom