TSA wants to double security fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thai means checking people when they land here from out of country. Customers an border patrols does do that I believe.

Or land anywhere from any other country. Bombs can be exploded and guns fired in places other than aircraft. If scanners are really important for outbound flights and few countries use them, why not check landing passengers too?

Customs carry out only spot checks so that doesn't do the job properly.

I'm not against scanners per se. I'm just puzzled as to why they are so important in one place but not others.

Or land anywhere from any other country. Bombs can be exploded and guns fired in places other than aircraft. If scanners are really important for outbound flights and few countries use them, why not check landing passengers too?

Customs carry out only spot checks so that doesn't do the job properly.

I'm not against scanners per se. I'm just puzzled as to why they are so important in one place but not others.
The U.S. government would like every country to use them on flights coming here but they cant make them.

So true I'll take the pat down before I'll get on a plane with a bunch packing guns.

When they let passengers on board with guns I'll stop flying.

Someone earlier suggested that individuals who had passed scrutiny and were allowed to own guns should be allowed to carry them on 'planes for their own defence. Some of the world's craziest mass killers in recent years had licences to carry guns. Just imagine the shootouts!

The U.S. government would like every country to use them on flights coming here but they cant make them.

I can understand that it would make sense for them to be used at either all international airports but why is that not happening? Is it that other governments don't want the public outcry or do they not see the machines as necessary?

When they let passengers on board with guns I'll stop flying.

Someone earlier suggested that individuals who had passed scrutiny and were allowed to own guns should be allowed to carry them on 'planes for their own defence. Some of the world's craziest mass killers in recent years had licences to carry guns. Just imagine the shootouts!
The shootout at 35,000 feet yeee hawwww
I can understand that it would make sense for them to be used at either all international airports but why is that not happening? Is it that other governments don't want the public outcry or do they not see the machines as necessary?
And the cost.

Perhaps all the people who believe that they, and they alone, should have the right to carry guns could be put on a flight (there can't be many of them so one should be enough) with a few guys who look like terrorists (whatever they look like) and sent aloft to shoot it out over the Atlantic.

The shootout at 35,000 feet yeee hawwww
And the cost.

Cost could well be a factor in the decisions but, depending on numbers, perhaps not a large proportion of the present cost of airport security. This website estimates costs as:

While the TSA usually cites scanner costs ranging from $140,000 to $180,000 apiece, this is only the scanner cost and does not include associated airport modifications and installation expenses.

http://tsanewsblog.com/1847/news/time-for-a-rational-perspective-on-airport-scanners/

That's fair enough. So those who don't fly have nothing to whinge about. They can risk their lives on the highway instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom