TSC Chicks and more

i have a chick that looks like a chipmunk and she is supposed to be and EE. i dont think i'm ever going to be able to go into TSC!!! everyone on here is a chick addict and they are making me feel like i need more chicks!!!

Our local TSC's won't have any chicks until April 4th!
barnie.gif
The wait is killing me!!

They're supposed to have ducks this year, too!
ya.gif

big_smile.png
I bought 6 from TSC yesterday too! I cant go there no more, I'll buy more and we dont have the room .... yet!

We have one that looks like a chipmunk too Dd14 has already claimed it and she named it what else... chipmunk!

we went to TSC yesterday and they had the new shipment of fuzzy butts in, all the tanks were full. I looked and even picked up a few pullets (to look at only) and talked to a mom that was planning to get some but really didn't know what to get. Anyways, we got home and hubby said, "I'm surprised you didn't want to get 6 pullets." I said, "I thought you wouldn't want us to get anymore?" he replies, "still I figured we would leave with some."

HI, my name is Beth and I am addicted to little fuzzy butts!!!!

Last edited:
I knew i would end up doing something like this and i do not have enough room for more laying hens so i got all my chick stuff before TSC got there chicks in. I really want to get more though lol

Temptation, thy name is Tractor Supply! (or bunny, I suppose.)

I heard from a friend at work that chicks were in. I need some more pullets, so I figured I'd go look. And needed more shavings and food anyway.

There were a ton of ducks, a tub of mixed bantams (although some looked awfully big), and two tubs of straight run something. He thought one tub might be barred rocks, but wasn't sure; the other tub had 4 yellow chicks and the rest all looked about the same.

The staff, who are usually pretty knowledgeable had no idea. So I picked out 2 yellow chicks (pleeeease be buff orpingtons!), 3 black and yellow with yellow spots on their heads (pleeeeease be pullets, black stars would be nice...) and 3 black/gray (please be barred rocks! )

I tried to grab ones with the smallest combs, hoping for pullets, but I could tell that they were picked over. We shall see. I was hoping they'd have some Cornish X, but no such luck.

I added them to the brooder with some 2.5 week old black cochins, and moved the 3 phoenix chicks who are about 5 weeks old into a separate brooder since they are pretty close to fully feathered and needed a better place to perch... and are huge compared to the babies.

Do I need help, or something? Or should I just deny that I have a problem?

smile.png

Danielle

Back
Top Bottom