TSC "rare breed bin"

Ashlee123

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2022
This gal is 17 weeks old any guesses on the breed?

IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

IMG_4411.JPG

Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

Following quote taken from Hoovers..

"Hatchery Choice Rare will be any assortment of rare breeds based on availability from any bird that has a "Rare Breed" banner. The assortment will not include bantams. Breeds that could be included in this assortment: Partridge Plymouth Rock, Midnight Majesty Marans™, Sapphire Olive Egger™, Speckled Sussex, Blue Andalusian, Silver Lakenvelder, Cuckoo Marans, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Welsummer, Barnevelder, Prairie Bluebell Egger™, Starlight Green Egger™, Olive Egger, Salmon Faverolles, Cochins, Turkens, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Columbian Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Lavender Orpington."

Based on the white lobes, straight comb, random feather pattern and out of the possibilities listed above (presuming your TSC is also using Hoovers) I have to guess.. prairie bluebell egger.. or starlight egger, or olive egger. Noting the site says all three will have pea combs and the OE photos clearly shows straight combs. It's fairly easy to rule out most of the other breeds listed based on skin color, comb type, feather pattern, toe number, shanks, etc..

Looks like a fun flock! Still maybe a month or so before seeing eggs, based on pinkness/redness. Fun mystery!:pop

Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

Following quote taken from Hoovers..

"Hatchery Choice Rare will be any assortment of rare breeds based on availability from any bird that has a "Rare Breed" banner. The assortment will not include bantams. Breeds that could be included in this assortment: Partridge Plymouth Rock, Midnight Majesty Marans™, Sapphire Olive Egger™, Speckled Sussex, Blue Andalusian, Silver Lakenvelder, Cuckoo Marans, French Black Copper Marans, French Cuckoo Marans, French Wheaten Marans, Welsummer, Barnevelder, Prairie Bluebell Egger™, Starlight Green Egger™, Olive Egger, Salmon Faverolles, Cochins, Turkens, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Columbian Wyandotte, Light Brahma, Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Lavender Orpington."

Based on the white lobes, straight comb, random feather pattern and out of the possibilities listed above (presuming your TSC is also using Hoovers) I have to guess.. prairie bluebell egger.. or starlight egger, or olive egger. Noting the site says all three will have pea combs and the OE photos clearly shows straight combs. It's fairly easy to rule out most of the other breeds listed based on skin color, comb type, feather pattern, toe number, shanks, etc..

Looks like a fun flock! Still maybe a month or so before seeing eggs, based on pinkness/redness. Fun mystery!:pop
I was thinking a starlight green egger myself. I was hoping to get eggs soon it seems like it is taking forever lol. Thanks for the response!

Back
Top Bottom