Tsc sexing?

https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/ameraucanas.html
The ones in the link above are labled Ameraucanas, but they are Easter Eggers.

Easter eggers are not considered a real "breed". Ameraucanas, are harder to find, but are considered a breed. Ameraucanas and other colored-egg laying birds are used to make EE's.

EE's could lay anything from blues and greens to browns and pinks, while Ameraucanas only lay blue/green eggs.
Okay these are the ones i have on order but was like ehh am i better off trying tractor supply but ill stick with these. Thabk you for all your help. Eventually my next stop will be trying to get an olove egger but i heard thoes are harder to find.

Okay these are the ones i have on order but was like ehh am i better off trying tractor supply but ill stick with these. Thabk you for all your help. Eventually my next stop will be trying to get an olove egger but i heard thoes are harder to find.
Olive Eggers and Easter Eggers are found in TSC yearly, in my experience. The Easter Eggers we once had from TSC layed blue eggs, but the Olive Egger we purchased last year does not lay olive colored eggs.

Here's an article I found by @EmmaRainboe that shows the difference between Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers.
Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Intro = = = = = = = = = = = 🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔 @TheOddOneOut is the only other person who I have seen touch on this subject. A link to her thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hink-you-have-an-ameraucana-do-check.1421663/ She goes through all the basics. I wanted to go a bit...

The first time we bought from TSC or chicks in general, I just asked for friendly chickens. We ended up with two White Jersey Giant pullets (which is what he said they were) and two meat cockerels that were decidedly NOT the Wyandottes he said lol. They were very friendly though! I’ve since bought successfully in store, but made sure to read the tags carefully and double extra check they look like the breed online if I’m not familiar with it 🤪 Ours buys through Hoovers and often has straight run

The first time we bought from TSC or chicks in general, I just asked for friendly chickens. We ended up with two White Jersey Giant pullets (which is what he said they were) and two meat cockerels that were decidedly NOT the Wyandottes he said lol. They were very friendly though! I’ve since bought successfully in store, but made sure to read the tags carefully and double extra check they look like the breed online if I’m not familiar with it 🤪 Ours buys through Hoovers and often has straight run
It seems to just depend on the store you visit. Ill give mine a try see what they have. And go from their. I have pretty much everything figured out chick wise just want a couple more either ee or oe for my basket. But we shall see i live in ca so im not holding my breath lol

Does anyone know if tractor supply sexes their chickens? I would love to get a couple female easter eggers but dont wanna have to deal with getting all males or something id be so upset.
All my girls were girls🤣 they’re EE’s as well. And me and my friend had gone together, he got 15 and I got 2, all 17 were girls! Good luck with your tsc though, maybe mine is just k at keeping them seperate

As far as sexing goes, I've only seen a few sexing mistakes. A friend of mine purchased 20 chicks labled "pullets", and only one of them turned out to be a male. I've purchased pullets from TSC, and usually 90-100 percent of the chicks turn out to be pullets.

Well they only have a 90% pullet “expectancy” so I guess you can get new ones….. idk

Back
Top Bottom