TSC swap was fun!! 2 new girls!

Yvonne1

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 10, 2016
Western PA
Sooooo........what does a gal to do on a lazy Saturday morning? Hit the animal swap at TSC!!
I was in the mood for some babies to add to my 4 six month old sex links (who have YET to lay me an egg!!). They are friendly enough but aren't "cuddly".
Found these 2 cuties (who are supposed to be girls) and couldn't resist!! They were even going to come with a free older boyfriend, but I declined. Bantam D'uccles.
Now....to give them some names. I will see what kind of personalities they have first! :)
Hubby will be getting home in about 30 mins....he doesn't know yet!
This one is a shade darker than the other one below.

They are so small! About the size of my coffee mug!
I am smitten!
tongue.png

These are my 6 month olds. They are so pretty and getting so big!! I hope the little ones will be graciously accepted into the flock when it's time..

These are my 6 month olds. They are so pretty and getting so big!! I hope the little ones will be graciously accepted into the flock when it's time..
They are beautiful
love.gif

If you haven't integrated newbies before, do research it - there's a current thread about how to.

I worked for weeks to get the 'babies' as I call them integrated and accepted by the 'big girls' but 1 has it out for them. It's non-stop chasing and pecking by her.
he.gif
Then maybe another joins in. Not working. So, we decided to change the tractor (that we never really used anyway) to a new, smaller run & coop for the Bantams. It will work out. The D'uccles are good with small spaces and they LOVE being outside. Such sweeties.

I worked for weeks to get the 'babies' as I call them integrated and accepted by the 'big girls' but 1 has it out for them. It's non-stop chasing and pecking by her.
he.gif
Then maybe another joins in. Not working. So, we decided to change the tractor (that we never really used anyway) to a new, smaller run & coop for the Bantams. It will work out. The D'uccles are good with small spaces and they LOVE being outside. Such sweeties.
Ample space and multiple feeders and waters go a long way in reducing territorial aggression.

Back
Top Bottom