TSC Duckling Breed and Sex

Nov 19, 2019
NW New Jersey
Hi all! I finally couldn't resist not getting some little ducklings. So I did. Yesterday we got 5 ducklings from TSC, 3 yellow and 2 brown ones. The brown ones seem to me to be golden layer 300 ducks in the female coloration, not sure if the 3 yellow ones are pekin, white layer, or buff. One of them has a little brown on its head. I am hoping for 1 drake and 4 ducks, don't want it to be like last year, got 2 drakes last time. Can someone who has pictures of female golden layer ducklings help? Is there a specific sound a female duckling makes? One or 2 of them make this almost quaking like noise, cah- cah- cah-cah, could they be girls? I won't be able to post pics now, it is a little late. I will try to post some pics tomorrow after I come from school. Thanks for the help!

I’ve gotten Muscovy, Perkins, runner ducks and a mallard from tsc. The mallard was brown the rest were all yellow as babies. The runner had some brown on his head. The Muscovy had some blac spots on their heads. I wasn’t able to tell male vs female until they were older. The quacks do sound different but not until they were bigger in my experience.

20200310_162456.jpg
20200310_162605.jpg
20200310_162439.jpg
20200310_162504.jpg

The 2 big ones are yellow with pink bills and orange feet, the small yellow one has a little brown on its head, orangish bill and feet. The brown ones are light brown, black feet, black bill with a little yellow on the tip, darker brown markings around its head

Kind of like the first and third golden 300 duckling in this picture
1583870855057.png

Back
Top Bottom