Tufted roman X sebastolpol

Tofu the chicken

Songster
Mar 28, 2020
My Coop
My Coop
I have 2 geese both female, a French toulouse and a Sebastopol , I am thinking of adding 2 more geese this next spring one being a tufted roman gander (other will probably be an African girl not positive on this yet tho) if i got a boy it would mean next year I would have mating and babies, I've been searching for a long time trying to find pictures of a Sebastopol x tufted roman and haven't been able to find any so if anyone has any could you just show me pictures please? Or if anyone knows about genetics can you just tell me the chances if possible of having a tufted goose with Sebastopol feathers? Thank you all!

(Yes I know about the fertility problems with Sebastopols and all, I'm just curious what the cross looks like)

I used to have Emben/Sebastopol mixes and one Tuffed Roman/Emben mix. The Emben/Sebastopol mixes had the curly feathers, but was a bigger goose. (I did have a smaller one though.) I didn't breed these geese, but got them from a breeder.

Here's my mixes: mom's a pure bred, white Sebastopol and dad is a Pomeranian saddleback. I bought them off craigslist about 8 months ago as godlings. They are friendly, smart and docile. Feathers were a bit longer in late summer. Great birds.

Attachments

• 2A1F58B2-88DE-4C08-B7FD-E982595F11D1.jpeg
    2A1F58B2-88DE-4C08-B7FD-E982595F11D1.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 6CFAD2A8-B9ED-4795-B6EC-CCB73DDDBF98.png
    6CFAD2A8-B9ED-4795-B6EC-CCB73DDDBF98.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
I have been considering this type of cross. Did they inherit the size of the Embden?
Most of them did, then one got the size of the Sebastopol. Unfortunately, I don't know which was father or mother on these, because I wasn't the one breeding them, only buying them.

Back
Top Bottom