1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

TULSA area Cluckers

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Neecolaah, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Reagor

Reagor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Tulsa
    Oh I love them seeing it done, but it makes it harder to keep it going and making sure they don't get hurt. Everything we wre working with cold have seriously injured them. But they were fine as long as I watched them like a hawk.

The top does have a large gap for air to circulate. There is a three inch gap all the way around the top. I have them in there now, and I think I'm going to keep them locked in there for a few days so they know that is home.

2. jfkelly001

jfkelly001 New Egg

Jul 29, 2012
    Does anyone in the tulsa area have Black Copper Marans for sale. I would prefer them to be laying age now.

3. jens-hens

jens-hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2012
    Bixby, OK
    Great job! Looks like it's really coming along.

4. Reagor

Jul 11, 2012
    Tulsa
    Jens-hens- thanks! Is that a silkie in your profile photo? Do you raise them? I am looking for a silkie pullet, do you know where I might be able to find one?

5. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Great morning today- cool, maybe some rain later, and two kids off to SCHOOL this morning! Yay! Start a lockdown today- these are the eggs that got unplugged overnight a few weeks ago. :( I think I'm going in with 5 Ameraucana and 2 Isbar. My replacement Isbars are going already, haven't candled them yet. Maybe tonight.

Reagor, Jen had a dog attack yesterday and lost a bunch, don't think she will have any spares right now. :( Good luck finding silkies! Your little Ameraucanas are doing great here!

6. Reagor

Jul 11, 2012
    Tulsa
    That is so sad. Was it her dog or a neighbors? I hope it didn't get all of her birds.

I think I'll just try a hatchery for the silkies. Well, I could get a few extra from an order and donate them if you want, Jen. Let me know.

Rinda- thank you again! I'm so excited about getting some blue eggs. Only about 22 more weeks!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  7. Reagor

Jul 11, 2012
    Tulsa
  8. cathiesue

cathiesue Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Collinsville, OK
    I'm in, my sweet man will be playing chess. I think there's food. I'll be wearing a khaki baseball cap with Library on the front and my ponytail sticking out of the back.So maybe you can find me in the crowd. Jen maybe you can fine some replacements. Bet your kids would find lots to like.
    We got a significant sprinkle this afternoon.No gonna call it rain because the chickens didn't even notice it!
    Hope to see some of you Friday in Coweta!

9. jens-hens

jens-hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2012
    Bixby, OK
    Reagor, no it wasn't my dog, it was my neighbors. I didn't lose all of them and fortunately I didn't lose any of my silkies. They lost quite a bit of feathers but seem to be doing ok. I got them from BetsyOK here on BYC, she lives by Keystone Lake. They are the most wonderful birds! I love them all so much, they have such personalities. I think we are going to try to get out to the Coweta auction, thanks for posting about it! My husband gets off work at six so we won't be there until closer to seven. I'm meeting someone from the Oklahoma thread on Saturday to look at some of her chickens. She may have some silkies if you want to PM her and ask. Her name is artsyrobin or try BetsyOK. I'd really like to replace my silver laced polish as she was my favorite bird, can't replace her sweet personality though. [​IMG]

10. jlfreije

jlfreije Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2012
    Can't make it to the auction this Friday. I have never been to one. Please post what it is like and if you make any purchases.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by