TULSA area Cluckers

Well Lonny said he is going to the Coweta auction tonight... crossing my fingers he restrains himself!
wink.png
Let's just say him going by himself is NOT a good idea... I'll let everyone know what he thinks (and what he brings home) tomorrow!

Rinda
Do you want me to hold his hands down so he can't bid? Block his view? Hide some chickens?
big_smile.png

He picked up some beautiful birds for really cheap. I was shocked at what some of these chickens were going for. I picked up a blue silkie, a BO, and a barred rock. It was a blast!

I was maybe a bad influence, my bad!
smack.gif
LOL!!! Eek, I've been waiting up for him but I think I will go to bed and see the damage in ther morning! Called him about 10:45- said he couldn't talk- but I think he just didn't want to be in the doghouse yet.
wink.png
Anyway it wasn't even finished yet and he couldn't get the pens he bought until after everything was done. Yeesh!
Well I've got 2 Ameraucanas hatched and 1 Isbar, several more pipped so hopefully in the morning we'll have 7/7 hatched!

Reagor does your silkie have an impacted crop? ALL the silkie chicks and ALL the barred rock chicks Lonny bought have some level of it, from soft large mass to hard ball.
somad.gif
I'm am going to have to spend all weekend cleaning and treating them- they are filthy, too. And he dumped them in with our other chicks instead of quaranteening them. I am all levels of not happy today... Haven't even gone out to check on the lakenvelders he bought, except to take care of the one the dog killed already because he failed to lock the run. He also bought BBR OEGB eggs and lakenvelder eggs. The only thing I wanted that he bought were a couple of nice sturdy cages. Phew...

THE BEST NEWS OF THE MORNING- 100% hatch, actually like 110% since I left an isbar egg in that I didn't think had developed and it HATCHED, too! So we got 5 Ameraucana and 3 Isbars. Will take pics later.

ETA: Lonny said he was impressed with the auction, lots of birds, good auctioneer, things moved FAST, but he was there until about 1 AM waiting for birds to be taken so he could get the cages he bought.

Last edited:
I bought 4 chickens last night. Ended up getting one from someone I said I wouldn't buy from. I don't even know who it was, just wasn't impressed with the level of care that the birds seemed to get. Way too many birds in too small of cages. I understand it's an auction and they don't always live like that. Some weren't in very good shape. Fortunately, the one I got was in a cage by itself and is a baby. The other three I got from Joe and I've bought from him before. One was an impulse buy that I'm second guessing but I'm sure she will work out just fine. We left @ 8:30 because I knew we would buy more if we didn't. I saw some Polish I really wanted but it looked like it would be a long time before they were up. I called the guy and will get one from him sometime. Joe and Scott had their cages marked with breeds and sex which really helps someone like me that's pretty clueless. I had a great time and will definitely go again. Rinda tell your husband thank you for telling me where to get my number, I was a little lost.

I got lucky with my silkie, but she does need to be cleaned up. The barred rock and buff Orpington seem okay, but I do not know how to check them for health issues. Mine are all from NPIP(?) flocks. He got the cuckoo maran Pullets?

I am very interested in one or two when they get older. I am very glad I went with my girlfriend, or I would have come home with a ton of chickens. The lakevanders he got were beautiful, though.

Back
Top Bottom