TULSA area Cluckers

A nice sky blue. I will take some pictures later this week to share.
smile.png

LonnyandRinda...

I have never heard for Cream Legbar....

Are they bantams or standard?

How well do they lay? Are they quiet?

I googled them and they are pretty, but I live in the city so I don't know if they would be a good fit?

Angela

They are a new breed in the US, they are well established in the UK but they've only been here for about 4-5 years. They are a large fowl light breed, lay very well a large blue egg, auto-sexing chicks, and a crest. Love them! Egg color is similar to my Ameraucanas, but where my Ameraucanas only lay 3-4 medium eggs per week I get 5-6 large eggs per week for each hen. I would say they are no noisier than my other breeds, especially if you don't have a rooster. They are a little pricier (mine are $25 per day old female chick, $5 per male chick), but you are guaranteed sex and get oodles of large blue eggs. I have a wait list so let me know if you want any later in the spring.

I having been on here lately and just saw this Tulsa thread! I live in East broken Arrow. We started with chickens about one and a half years ago. We love them. We currently have 8 hens and one roo. We are in Wagoner county so roosters are ok here:) the roos and 2 of the hens are French Black Cooper Marans. I also have 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Barred rock, 1 Welsummer, 1 Cream Brabanter, and 1 Delaware. When we get a broody hen this spring/summer, I want to hatch out some more Marans and try some olive eggers too!

There are so many breeds I would like to try:) Some that are on my mind nowdays are cream legbar, cochin, and faverolles. Looking forward to hearing about all the Tulsa area chickens!

Back
Top Bottom