TULSA area Cluckers

I am going to be looking to replace some of my hens too. 6 of our 8 hens were killed about 2 weeks ago while we were gone on an overnight trip. My hubby and I are in the mourning period. Sounds weird, but my hubby in particular is having a hard time with this loss. I am going to give him another month and then I want to get a few hens to go with 2 surviving hens and rooster, and then get some chicks after our cruise this summer. I love our chickens, but these tragedies can be so hard:(

On a happier note, I am excited to get some new breeds. We have always had a small flock (10 max), but I like to have a variety:) Every time I run into someone's chickens, I think I have to have one of those too! Here is what I have had before: FBCM (still have our rooster), Welsummer, Easter Egger, Barred Rock, Ameracauna, Cream Brabanter, Delaware. Just thought I would ask about everyone's favorite breeds. I like to have good egg layers, but a few beautiful ones with so so laying are ok too:) I plan to get a few FBCM and Ameracauna, but the rest, I am open. We were just working on getting hatching eggs for the FBCM and olive eggers. So, what are your favorite breeds???

Orpingtons.
big_smile.png

Yes I have some golden salmon marans in the incubator now. Got them from the lady that sold me some of my french black copper marans. Not much hope for them when I candled on lockdown today though. :(

I had to go look it up. Very pretty but not what I had pictured with Golden Salmon in the name.
lol.png
The color of the hen was beautiful. sorry your eggs don't look promising but maybe your eggs will give you a few surprises.

Not sure that the weather will cooperate but I guess I am going to at least check out the Pryor swap today. I have been reading their facebook page and it looks like they could have some nice stuff there today.

Back
Top Bottom