Turken Naken Necks (EW!)

Here's Pugsly, my bantam NN. Hes about 3 weeks and is the size of a newborn Cochin bantam now

Attachments

• 20210401_210849.jpg
    20210401_210849.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 8
All of the Turken Naked Necks I've seen are ugly! Who else thinks this way? Why were they bred with no feathers on their necks? I think I heard because their easier to pluck that way... But just WHY? They are so ugly. If you care to object, please do so, but I feel like a lot of people will agree with me on this one. Even Showgirl chickens don't look good, contrary to their name.
Just because something is unusual doesn’t make it ugly. Naked Necks are wonderful chickens with a lot going for them. Maybe they think YOU are ugly! You don’t have any feathers at all....

I love my turkens. I call them my ballerina chickens . I had asked my family for silkies but they sent me turkens. I didn’t even know they existed! They are very heat tolerant!I live in the high desert in southern California and they can withstand the high heat. They are excellent brooders. Best of all they lay green and blue eggs! I’ve even got a light pink color egg once or twice! I get a range of light to dark eggshells from them and they’re so pretty! The eggs are good sized too. So there you go :)

I love my turkens. I call them my ballerina chickens . I had asked my family for silkies but they sent me turkens. I didn’t even know they existed! They are very heat tolerant!I live in the high desert in southern California and they can withstand the high heat. They are excellent brooders. Best of all they lay green and blue eggs! I’ve even got a light pink color egg once or twice! I get a range of light to dark eggshells from them and they’re so pretty! The eggs are good sized too. So there you go :)
Well........

They only lay those colors because they're mixed with other breeds. Pure NN lay a lightish brown

Meet Ursula and Elvira. They are great layers and crack me tf up when I’m out watching them and they’re clicking away. They are very vocal girls and have a way of letting me know what they like and don’t like😂

Attachments

• A8D00013-9B69-4C74-AA21-BFC21C145441.jpeg
    A8D00013-9B69-4C74-AA21-BFC21C145441.jpeg
    780.1 KB · Views: 7
  • D2FF99A2-9F55-4DF3-9154-E55A65687ED6.jpeg
    D2FF99A2-9F55-4DF3-9154-E55A65687ED6.jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 3BC81F4B-44FF-47F2-9E07-B24C614CA0F1.jpeg
    3BC81F4B-44FF-47F2-9E07-B24C614CA0F1.jpeg
    648.1 KB · Views: 5
  • F1D57229-04E5-489A-8EF5-B75DF595C034.jpeg
    F1D57229-04E5-489A-8EF5-B75DF595C034.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 7
All of the Turken Naked Necks I've seen are ugly! Who else thinks this way? Why were they bred with no feathers on their necks? I think I heard because their easier to pluck that way... But just WHY? They are so ugly. If you care to object, please do so, but I feel like a lot of people will agree with me on this one. Even Showgirl chickens don't look good, contrary to their name.
I’ve grown to love them. Yes they are ugly but they make up for it with personality. They come from the Transylvanian mountains which was in Hungary (now Romania). The climate there is very hot or very cold making them a very hardy bird. Because they are one of the oldest breeds around they thrive in a food forest setup. They are happy busy birds and like to get into mischief if the opportunity arises

I’ve grown to love them. Yes they are ugly but they make up for it with personality. They come from the Transylvanian mountains which was in Hungary (now Romania). The climate there is very hot or very cold making them a very hardy bird. Because they are one of the oldest breeds around they thrive in a food forest setup. They are happy busy birds and like to get into mischief if the opportunity arises

Transylvania? Like, the monster movie by Adam Sandler? So Transylvania is a REAL place?

Back
Top Bottom