Turkey crow collar?

BReeder...I can certainly understand. I have city turkeys. So far only hens tho....
yea... if we don't figure something out, we will be sending toms to freezer camp. We just have 4 young turkeys right now. I haven't been able to sex them yet. I'm hoping to have at least 2 hens to keep around. We did get them locally from another BYC member so I could always source more from her in the future. I do enjoy hatching though.

I would just talk to your neighbors letting them know what your plans are. Let them know that if the gobbling becomes to much to let you know. You might be surprised how little they gobble unless lots of loud noises to make them shock gobble. You can always offer to supply them with a thanksgiving turkey or share some meat when you harvest any.
It can also be a surprise just how many people enjoy hearing a turkey gobble. One person I know has neighbors who will intentionally try to get the gobblers to talk because they enjoy hearing it.

I enjoy listening to my turkeys call, gobble, and chirp, unfortunately a lot of people i have met in my area think turkeys are aggressive birds that would attack you if they saw you... my turkeys have also convinced a lot of them that turkeys are actually very friendly, and vocal about anything that is not normal...

I used to have a rooster that never crowed (he for some reason did not like to crow), he was a Light Brahma, friendly to everything around him, I no longer have him since he was killed by a very aggressive rooster that got out of his coop

Back
Top Bottom